Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 30, 2011, 06:45 PM
    About the Author "Ransom Riggs"
    I recently had plenty of time on my hands thanks to hurricane Irene and have finished reading a book entitled "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"
    The author's name is Ransom Riggs.
    The story ended rather abruptly with the main character and the peculiar children simply rowing away from danger and "ponting at something beyond"
    I believe this is the first published work of this author, but am curious to find out if there may be a second volume, given the way it ended, it just seems that there should be more.
    Any ideas on how I could go about finding this out?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 30, 2011, 06:50 PM
    From her blog --

Yes, There Will Be A Sequel!
    Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 1:59PM

Everyone's been asking me, so I figured I'd put it out there in boldface type: YES! In fact, I just got back from a whirlwind trip around the country to hunt down a new crop of peculiar photos for book 2. I scored lots of great images -- now I just have to figure out how to use them! But that, as they say, is the fun part.

Ransom Riggs - Blog

While you're waiting, you might want to read this book --

http://www.amazon.com/Geek-Love-Kath.../dp/0446391301
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 30, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Thank goodness, my daughter and I both enjoyed it very much, can't wait to read the sequal.
    Thenks
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Sep 1, 2011, 11:07 PM
    Everyone presumes so, after finishing the book, but you will be surprised to know that it is the first/debutant book of the writer, which was released in/during the first week (or so) of June, this year. May be Ransom Riggs is planning for the sequel of the book, but so for she has not given any official statement in this regard. Wait and watch. I would also, however say, that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is a nice book, readable and beauteous.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2011, 11:13 PM
    On August 9, she blogged that she will write a sequel.

Sep 1, 2011, 11:18 PM
    Okay... sorry madam, I did not notice it.
    Thanks for information.
    Actually, I just read the first question, and replied on the basis of my own experience, but I did not try to search for her blog.

Thanks...

PS- I did not contradict you, in my earlier post, I just replied to what the initial questioner asked.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2011, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahani Punjab View Post
    PS- I did not contradict you, in my earlier post, I just replied to what the initial questioner asked.
    That's what I figured you had done. No problem, no harm. I had posted information about and a link to her blog.

I am glad to see you answering questions so well. :)

Sep 2, 2011, 12:03 AM
    O thanks, thanks.
    There are certain things about the use of this site which I am just learning, and hope with time, I will become used to. For instance, I do not know how you quote. I just pick/copy and paste, but u do not seem to be doing so, as your expression differs and is always in a specific way.

Moreover, I was busy recovering my lost password, about which I have also put a query here in this site.I also do not know how to figure it out if someone reacted to my post or not...

But sure, with time, I will learn it. Thanks...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ca for ransom [ 9 Answers ]

A tenant moved and left a car in the yard. I know I can have it towed but can I hold it for ransom for the $3000 rent they owe?

What is the name of this author [ 0 Answers ]

What is the name of the non-fiction author, who is famous for his Wednesday coalition type meetings held in Washington D C? He had a best selling book out sometime in the last couple of years about various voters coming together for one candidate for widely different reasons, such as home...

I want to be an author [ 8 Answers ]

I want to be an author, what do I need to do? I like to write supernatural and sci-fi type books.

Looking for an author [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I read this book many years ago, it's called " Friday's Child". The author's Last name was Wood or Woods. I would love to read it again, but I'm having no luck finding it. I do know that the author wasn't Stuart Woods. Can anyone out there help me, please.

Can you name this author? [ 3 Answers ]

This author is a retired police officer. He has written at least two crime thrillers. I think they were published in the last 4-8 years. I seem to remember that they came onto the market at the same time as Linda Fairsteins first 2 books. I can't recall the names of any of the characters in the...

View more questions Search