Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I don't believe we are too late. Need to know the driving distance everyone wants to stay at too. Tunica (Mississippi's Las Vegas) is only about 35 miles away. So we got Resort Hotels there too.

This is a list of hotels sponsored by Memphis in May
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Okay, in reviewing the dates for all of Memphis in May we have:

The Beale Street Music Festival - May 4 - 6

-and-

Superbowl of Swine (The World Championship barbecue cooking contest) - May 17 - 19

I can check things out when I get a general consensus as to which one would be the favorite of AMHD members.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Hello again:

Me? I'm into swine (don't tell my rabbi). Q is it. While you were busy, I checked the Peabody Hotel. They have a block of rooms available from Friday, the 18th through Sunday, the 20th. We can get a discount if we book more than 20 rooms. The rooms run from $290 - $375 per night, and if we book enough, they'll go down. They have a fine dining restaurant, so we can have a small reception, a cocktail party, a dinner? Whatever.

There's a Holiday Inn and other less expensive accommodations right across the street. That's all I know.

excon
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Oh, yes, the Peabody is nice, not just fine dining they have but movie theaters, bowling, all in the complex.

The rooms are nice, EXPENSIVE and SMALL, but you pay for prime location.

For those that may want to gamble, as I said Tunica is right down the road.

I like PIG too. I don't have a Rabbi, so I guess it doesn't matter. LOL
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    PS> I promise not to wear my convict garb.
    But you give me an idea excon... maybe it should initially be a costume party... to help break the f-2-f ice? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Look you just have to be ready for people to have more than just your gathering after all there will always be more interested in traveling than others, theres certainly no way in hell im gonna drag a 1 year old half way round the world lol but i'd be happy to sort a english gathering.

Laura
    With the tech talent we have, multiple locations could be tele-linked?
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Hello val:

I agree. My face could break more than ice.

excon

PS> There's got to be a garlic festival in Indiana, or potato gathering Ohio. I'm game for anywhere. We still have a few people to hear from.
    Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 11:27 AM
    OR we could meet at a GREAT amusement park. There is one near RickJ, I am sure he won't mind some visitors for a weekend!! :p
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Hello val:

I agree. My face could break more than ice.

excon

PS> There's got to be a garlic festival in Indiana, or potato gathering Ohio. I'm game for anywhere. We still have a few people to hear from.
    Oh no, I just realised that means I have to dress up like a tuxedo cat with a giant kleenex box for a hat :eek: Gawd!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Will Wap be there?
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Hello:

Been doing a little shopping...

Branson, MO: July 10 - 13, 3 night's accommodation in a full service hotel, round trip airport transportation, unlimited use of city shuttle, 3 full breakfast buffets, 1 full service banquet (dinner).

Double occupancy: $350 a night. Gratuities, service charges and taxes included.

This isn't a BAD deal... So, am I whistling Dixie, or is this going to happen?

excon
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 13, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Long ride for me on my scooter... but I'll see what I can put together when you get the location set.
    Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Nope not a bad deal, but a little too high on the student nurse pay scale for me.:(

Hello:

Been doing a little shopping.....

Branson, MO: July 10 - 13, 3 night’s accommodation in a full service hotel, round trip airport transportation, unlimited use of city shuttle, 3 full breakfast buffets, 1 full service banquet (dinner).

Double occupancy: $350 a night. Gratuities, service charges and taxes included.

This isn't a BAD deal... So, am I whistling Dixie, or is this gonna happen?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see pictures. [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody please help. When I download some pictures I get a blank box with a red cross in the top left corner. Can anybody advise me. Thanks. Jim.

Good Real Estate Attorney in FL? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone could recommend a good RE Attorney or firm that regularly handles tax sale property purchases and deed transfers etc. in Miami-Dade county. I have been reading the forum for a while - you all sound very experienced in the area of RE law and hope you can point...

Jpg pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help Quick--I downloaded jpg pics from the internet but they will not open.  Also I have some of the Same pics on my drive that I can open.  What has gone wrong?. Thanks.. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I try to download and a jpg it will only let me download As ART OR Bitmap.. Weird,...

View more questions Search