Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Pictures were good. But, let’s do real!
    Hello:

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    .......and I had really hoped to get to meet you for real for that cup of coffee.
    The Padre and I been talking. We've been doing this stuff on this and other boards for a long, long time – 10 years or more. I'd like to meet him too.

How about we get together somewhere this summer in Middle America for a few days/week of frivolity? We could book a block of rooms (get a discount), go on tours, eat and drink together….. I don't know. I'll help organize it.

Anybody?

excon

PS> I promise not to wear my convict garb.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:09 AM
    If it weren't TOO far from me in Middle America, I would definitely be interested in meeting some of you.

I haven't been around very long, but this is a really helpful caring bunch of people, and it would be terrific to buy coffee for you!
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
    To get to meet my good buddy excon and my very special Synnen, :)
    Sounds like a blast! Bwwww ha ha haaaa :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Sounds like a great plan. I do believe Memphis Tennessee is pretty close to middle? :rolleyes:
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Hello again:

How about Branson? I love picking and stompin...

excon
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
    What about our overseas friends??
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Ah, but Memphis has picking & stompin with Memphis in May and the World Championship Barbecue contest on the Mississippi River. Beer, barbecue, blues...

Lot's 'O fun!!
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Isn't Chicago or Minneapolis pretty "middle"? Granted, it's cold NOW, but summers around here are BEE-Yooo-tee-full!
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Hello again:

I certainly do love Memphis ribs. I'm actually an official judge for the BBQ Assn. So, Memphis is cool with me.

In fact, if my geography serves me correctly, anywhere around there is about the middle of the country. I'm open to anywhere. It's true, we're an international bunch, but we have to pick somewhere. I'm looking for a place that you easterners can drive to, isn't especially expensive, and has something going on.

It's also true, that whatever place we pick is going to be too far, or too expensive, or the wrong time, for some. We're just going to have to deal with that. It's also why we should start early so that people can make arrangements.

excon
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Look you just have to be ready for people to have more than just your gathering after all there will always be more interested in traveling than others, there's certainly no way in hell I'm going to drag a 1 year old half way round the world lol but I'd be happy to sort a english gathering.

Laura
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Check out Memphis in May. I don't believe they have a list of performing artists yet though
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Actually... I've been involved with several online groups over the years, and that's generally what happens. People have "regional" get-togethers. Granted, they're usually open to anyone that wants to haul themselves there, but this gives people a chance to meet at least the people in their areas.

For instance... a Dallas get-together, a NY get-together, a Minneapolis, Seattle, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam... you get the idea.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Laura, you can drag Millie here, we have a built in baby sitter. Rae is taking her Red Cross Babysitter certification in a few weeks. She would LOVE to have a houseful of kiddos. Yeah, and she could save more money to come visit you.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Laura, you can drag Millie here, we have a built in baby sitter. Rae is taking her Red Cross Babysitter certification in a few weeks. She would LOVE to have a houseful of kiddos. Yeah, and she could save more money to come visit you.

Ok J are you up for doing a bank job then lol then we can all go on holiday hell excon can give us some tips giggle giggle ;)
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
    We could meet at the Peabody, or the Blue's City Café or B.B King's

All on Beale Street. Vist Graceland, etc etc.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
    My first question is can I bring my dog?
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Oh, yes. I have a dog sitter too. Fenced in one acre yard for when we go to Beale Street. Other than that dogs are VERY welcome at the festival. We take our 2 labs and our Bassett Hound every year.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Feb 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Sounds like fun count me in... I love to travel and I have quite a few miles stored up. I have never been to memphis but I have heard about their bbq competition... slow and low!
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
    You know it Wizz, takes all weekend to cook 'em good!!
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Hello J:

Since you're there, why don't you call a couple of hotels and see if they have anything available for Memphis in May? Are we too late?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see pictures. [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody please help. When I download some pictures I get a blank box with a red cross in the top left corner. Can anybody advise me. Thanks. Jim.

Good Real Estate Attorney in FL? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone could recommend a good RE Attorney or firm that regularly handles tax sale property purchases and deed transfers etc. in Miami-Dade county. I have been reading the forum for a while - you all sound very experienced in the area of RE law and hope you can point...

Jpg pictures [ 1 Answers ]

Need Help Quick--I downloaded jpg pics from the internet but they will not open.  Also I have some of the Same pics on my drive that I can open.  What has gone wrong?. Thanks.. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I try to download and a jpg it will only let me download As ART OR Bitmap.. Weird,...

View more questions Search