Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopeless207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Should I give up before I look psycho?
    Recently had a breakup a week ago with my ex.. it was a heated argument and she holds some of what I said against me forever as she says... she always told me I was her forever and constantly how much she loved me... the day after we broke up I found out she already on a free dating site... I text her and she said it the only way 2 get over me... I have been txtn her but she mostly ignores me and tells me I hurt her 2 much and 2 stop... should I give up... could she really be already putting herself out there after I was supposedly the one
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 29, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Her words seem pretty empty if she's already looking for dates. Maybe you were her one and only, but she's changed her mind about that pretty quickly and is moving on.

I think you should be moving on too... Stop texting her and accept this relationship has ended.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Aug 29, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Funny thing about emotions - there is no logic, no sense, no perceivable pattern to discern. Many times while we are still "in the moment" it's easy to imagine a life with someone. The problem is, it takes a long time for most of us to realize what we really want for ourselves.

It honestly sounds to me like she just wants to explore her own life and her own options. She also seems to need to validate herself with someone else's affection. Up until now, you served this purpose. She isn't a bad person for this, she simply needs to secure her own self-esteem before trying another serious relationship.

Now, on to you. Getting dumped is, quite frankly, the harshest and most difficult form of rejection anyone can experience in their life. Oftentimes we get hung up on the minutia, trying to figure out what we did wrong or where we could have said or done something different. While it's natural to reflect on the memories, the important thing is to focus on what you've learned for yourself. What can you take away from this experience to better yourself? I know it's hard to look at it that way right now, but eventually you'll have to move on and focus on your own life.

She is obviously focusing on herself right now. I know you want to try and "save" your relationship with her but if she's already looking elsewhere, it's over. She may try to come back, and it's your decision whether to go that route. Right now, though, the only person you should be focusing on is yourself.

Best of luck!

~ Tee
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless207 View Post
    could she really be already putting herself out there after I was supposedly the one
    It's looking that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeless207 View Post
    should I give up...
    Yes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Should I give up before I look psycho?
    YES, ABSOLUTELY. You WERE the one, now you're not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a psycho ? [ 12 Answers ]

Well I think many of you will hate me :( I'm 31y , married to a very very nice person who loves me more than any one or any thing but I cheated him .I knew someone else and to be honest some times I can't be sure I love him any way we are in this relation for more than 7 years now . I love my...

Am I a psycho ? [ 9 Answers ]

Since I've watched something I have the strong request to kill people. I have no idea what I will do or what I am. I am so confused. I think I need help but nobody understands me.

Am I a psycho? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am male 19 years old. My mood keeps changing, I feel really depressed most of the time, sometime I feel good but it last too quick and I go down again, when I get depressed I don't talk to anyone even my best friends I start thinking then I remember something I get really angry I start...

Ok.PSYCHO boyfriend! [ 9 Answers ]

For those of you who read my earlier question "Jealous boyfriend, cheating girlfriend", thanks for your answers. I talked with my boyfriend already, and I let him know how much his jealousy was bothering me. However, he thinks that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him being so jealous this...

Am I psycho? [ 1 Answers ]

I have confersations with people in my head that are not really. I then have trouble interracting with these people because of the conversations in my head that are not real. Is this normal? How can I control my feelings so that I don't over analize these things that are not real to begin with?

View more questions Search