Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanTindell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Safety switch - Dies when I release brake
    I have a John Deere Sabre 2046 lawn tractor. Every time I release the brake the engine dies. Thinking it may be the seat switch, I disconnected the seat switch connector and put a jumper wire across it but it didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have any idea what switch could be causing the problem here? If not, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this?

Thanks,
    Dan
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2011, 07:25 PM
    Sounds like seat switch to me.
    Check the plug going to the seat switch , if it has a little spot in the middle of it that pushes in you can't jump it.
    Plug the switch in and put a jumper on the back off the plug.
    Luck
    DanTindell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Yes, I already unplugged the seat switch wire and put a jumper across the two wires but that didn't make any difference.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Read what I said some switches can't be jumped by doing that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram... Park brake does not want to release [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I need to park on an incline, I tend to use my parking brake. It's getting to where it does not want to release by pulling the release handle as normal. The blinking "brake" light stays on and I have to manually pull up on the foot pedal to get the light to stop blinking. A couple...

Does the Toyota Prius suffer from the same safety brake issues as the other Toyotas? [ 2 Answers ]

Does the toyota prius suffer from the same brake problems as the other toyotas?

Changed 2000 camry brake light switch, but still will not shift and no brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

My sons 2000 Camry stopped shifting, no brake lights and no cruise control. I changed out the brake light switch, but it still does not work? Any ideas, please. Thanks

97 Grand Marquis emergency brake won't release [ 8 Answers ]

In my 97 grand marquis the last couple of days the emerg. Brake wouldn't release when I shifted into drive nor with a pull of the release lever, only after driving a mile or so. Could this be due to the sub-20° temperature or something else. Also, is there another way to release it manually?

Murray Tractor dies when brake is let off! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 42 inch murray lawn tractor I got from somebody and I was rebuilding it. I took the carb off and cleaned it out, rebuilt it. Its running fine now finally after 4 days of working on it. My problem is I have to have the brake down to start it and I sit on the seat and when I take my foot...

View more questions Search