Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielle74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 02:07 AM
    Can I been sacked from work when I've had doctors sick notes?
    Hi I have been absent from work 3 times over a period of 26 weeks first time was beginning of April 2 days with sickness and diarrhea 2nd time was end of April with a trapped nerve in my shoulder which I had a doctors,s sick note to cover this and was off 8 days 3 weeks ago I had my big toe nail removed and got an infection in it as a result of this 3 days had to be covered with a sick note as the rest had been covered by holidays. I returned to work on Friday and had my back to work interview which they said had gone to red so on Saturday I had to be in an investigation which there I was told there would be a disciplinary I work for aside and have been there nearly 3 year I have never had any warnings and I am really very worried of what's going to happen they said there is a pattern to when I'm off but I only work 17 hours anyway which is tues,fri and saturdays.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2011, 02:31 AM
    First question, where do you live?
    Chances are slim however that your rights have been violated. Being out with a doctor's note does not guarantee a job unless company policy says it does, such as in some gov'ts and very large corporations. And generally there are no or far fewer rights for part time employees in such places anyway.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
    I once was fired for having bronchitis even with a doctor's note. I filed for UE and got it. And yes, they can fire you for being out too much - doctor's note or no doctor's note. But since you do have the doctor's note and were fired you will win your UE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you are out from work on a doctors note, how long before they can fire you? [ 5 Answers ]

I re injured my back on the job, they do not have workers comp. Can they fire me on a doctors release from work? How long before they can fire me if so? I live in Texas

Can I be fired for being out sick, with doctors note? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been out sick for 3 weeks with pneumonia. Doctors note excusing me from 6/5 threw 6/18. Went back to work for 1 day on 6/19. So sick still, lungs in pain. Revisited doctor for the 3rd time and he authorized me to be out again from 6/20 thew 6/24. My very first visit was with a nurse...

Can I be fired for being sick and having a doctors note to prove it? [ 3 Answers ]

I started a job two weeks ago and the3 second week I got strep throat and was told to take the week off with a doctors note to prove it, I called the super and told him what was going on and he said to come back when I was able too, then two days later I heard from a fellow crew member the super...

View more questions Search