Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jabybebus Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Don't know who I am anymore
    I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because I was in love and couldn't just give up but I'm starting to think I'm subconsciusly trying to keep hurting myself by reliving the pain of the breakup over and over but I don't understand why... I just get so angry at myself and don't know what to do say or act anymore, I don't know who I'm turning into but its not me
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I would like to share this little story with you.

Your True Self ~

A distraught man approached the Zen master.
    "Please, Master, I feel lost and desperate. I don't know who I am. Please, show me my true self!"
    But the teacher just looked away without responding. The man began to plead and beg, but still the master gave no reply. Finally giving up in frustration, the man turned to leave.
    At that moment the master called out to him by name.
    "Yes!" the man said as he spun back around.
    "Ahhh. There it is!" exclaimed the master.

Take care of you. Stay strong and stay above the battles.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Jay you said this was your first breakup. After the first break up the feelings are new. Your not sure what to expect. Add to that all these new things in your life your in kind of an emotional shock. Human beings fall into comfort zones and your not in your anymore. In fact your kind of in emotional limbo. The reason your getting mad at yourself your not in a comfort zone. In the mean time focus on things your comfortable with and then slowly branch out into thes new things. Break ups get easier as time pass and future break ups will be easier.

This will pass with time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
    I refer you back to this posthttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/keep-getting-angrier-after-break-up-59187.html
    Re-read the advce and don't be down just stay busy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't like me anymore? [ 7 Answers ]

The girl I'm with right now I have dated twice before, I really love her, and id do anything for her. Recently she hasn't really been acting like her self around me, she used to be pretty bubbly, always wanted to talk or do something, and we always hugged/kissed. Now she never seems to have time to...

I can't take it anymore [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know what to do with life anymore I'm so sick of it I miss my ex a lot but he hares me he's told me that. My gradea are all bad and I can't get them up I can't be myself anymore. I feel ugly and am never happy about myself and the way that I look I think that I'm fat.. me anf my mom never...

Pain of breakup [ 7 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

I don't know what to do anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore. I just feel so boggled in my head. Lately everyday I want to cry or just be by myself. I think about death all the time. I am completely stressed about bills and how to pay them. About school. I feel like Im the dumbest person I class. I don't even know how Im...

I don't know what to do anymore [ 9 Answers ]

My 28-year-old daughter is causing emotional trauma. She has two children by two different men, won't work to support them. She married baby #2's father 1 month after the baby was born. The father is foreign, and I'm sure he married my daughter to avoid child support and deportation back to his...

View more questions Search