Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    let Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Looking for my brother who was adopted out
    My brother was adopted out when I was 8 years old. I was told that he died after birth. I have since found out this is not true. He was born at the Mater Hospital in 1971 and his birth name was Anthony. Could you please help me find him.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Please be aware that some people feel uneasy about giving out information about another person, and I'm one of them. I had a friend who was trying to escape an abusive ex and was so afraid someone might be able to tell him where she was through the net.

This is for anyone looking for someone...

Please say in your post that you will be happy to provide a contact number that could be passed onto the person you are looking for - giving them the option of whether to get in contact or not. Much safer all round. And your details could be passed to the 'helper' through personal messaging or email.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Bluerose that is the best advice I have heard, I had never thought about that,

I have always been so concerned giving out anything.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 5, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Please do not listen to negative people in this world. He is YOUR brother NOT theirs. If you wish to find him, please find an adoption support group online. There are people there that will help if they can. This is NOT the place to find him. Or get the help you need.
    Go to googlegroups and in the browser put adoptee, your state, and join that group for support. Or go to yahoogroups.com and do the same. Join as many as you wish. The more "out" there in your search process the better. He may be searching for you as well. Or maybe not. But it is between you and him where you want this to go or end up. NO ONE else's. Also check to see if your state offers you any help with a reunion registry. Most people are directed to start with registeration with ISRR, International Search Reunion Registry. You can do a browser check on ISRR. You will easily get the link. But make sure you get the support you need from people who know what they are talking about and NOT person's who are one sided in this matter. He is your brother, it is your family. And it will be your outcome. You will own all of it.:D
    Kottonmouthqueen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Great Zombie that was awsome advice...

I was going to say there's a place on the internet to search for people.. it found me and my family on there... its called natulis.. just go to your search engene and type in people search almost every site will connected you with it.. I think it cost money but it would be worth it for you.. GOOD LUCK! I hope you find some answers.. keep us posted I would like to see how it goes for you~
    redking0999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 07:23 PM
    [answer] I agree with you on that because I am searching for my own brother he's 18 now and Im 21 and I have had not much luck on finding him I recently last year when I turned 20 got a hold of him but for got his number and we only talked for an hour because my adopted mothers needed the phone, how much does it costs to find my brother I don't care of the costs I just want to find him I don't have much money but Ill do what ever it takes to have him back in my life its been 9 ywears that we haven't seen each other I miss him a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Adopted brother [ 10 Answers ]

Am I legally allowed to look for my over 18 yr old brother , even though my mum doesn't want too.. How do I go about this.. I am 30 and in UK

My brother might need help... [ 4 Answers ]

My dad repeatedly sends money to my brother who in university... and my brother keeps spending it repeatedly. He has spent about 22000 UsD in one term. He used to be my mentor.. but not anymore. It's becoming... quite serious, I think he might have a drug/alcoholic problem.. . Being the younger...

Web site for adopted kids [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a web site where adopted children can post their history to be reunited with biological parents.

Adopted dog [ 12 Answers ]

I found a dog to adopt. His name is Jesafur but we are calling him Jessie. They say he's a husky/black lab mix. We went to visit him and took our beagle to meet him and the kids to play with him. We have had him a week and a half. Since then he doesn't leave my side. Wherever I go there he follows....

View more questions Search