Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Aug 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
    The Edge of Night
    I'd like to share a song with you all that struck me as being an apt description of how those who long for eternal life see the age that is to come through the lenses of the present:

"Home is behind, the world ahead
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadow, to the edge of night
    Until the stars are all alight
    Mist and Shadow
    Cloud and shade
    All shall fade......all shall fade"

I see the lyrics in this way. Home as we would prefer it to be is not yet... we must wait. It's like a journey to a country where our destination is hidden... distant. We have a long journey ahead and our end goal is beyond the horizon.

As we travel, there are trials to endure (paths to tread). Some of the trials will bring us perhaps unto the verge of death (the edge of night). It will remain that way for us this side of the kingdom of God until all is made right (the stars are all alight).

Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade prevent the light from shining through... which is analogous to truth, goodness, and justice being absent from so much of our existence. But the cloud and the shade shall someday fade... it will all fade away giving birth to the splendor of the light.

I long to see that day.

p.s. to anyone who has seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy, a treat for you that enjoyed it: Edge of Night (Pippin's Song) - YouTube
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 28, 2011, 05:26 AM
    I like totally gag on the thought of eternal life. Throw me into some nice earth under a broccoli patch and let me rot and be no more. Our bodies are comprised of the earth and seas, so send them back, no coffin, no embalming, not even any energy wasting cremation. Our minds are synapses that end when they end. Any other notions are vanity, egotism, and fear of the unknown.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Boy did you miss the point.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Jakester,

That is nice. And sometimes exactly how I feel. Some days I find myself saying... Even so, Come Lord Jesus! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning an [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex last night and I didn't bleed though out the night. I got up this morning and I was fine, 1 hr later ii started to bleed, and its still going. There was also 2 small chunks of skin or something that looked like it and it was covered in blood as well... should I be worried ?

What is edge [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning for the trem edge in cell phones . What is the advantage of having edge in the phones and is it necessary?

View more questions Search