Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 03:04 AM
    About online tutoring?
    What’s the deal with tutors that charge $2 an hour? I was just looking on a website Tutorswithoutlimits.com, and they had a bunch of tutors, most with college degrees who worked for $2 an hour? How is that possible? Is it a scam?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 03:53 AM
    It's likely that they are from a foreign country where they don't get paid too much, or they are just doing it for the joy of teaching in their spare time!
    katsmith75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolper
    What’s the deal with tutors that charge $2 an hour? I was just looking on a website Tutorswithoutlimits.com, and they had a bunch of tutors, most with college degrees who worked for $2 an hour? How is that possible? Is it a scam?
    The tutors who charge those low rates are from India, where $2 an hour is the average rate for an experienced teacher. If you look many of the people offering their services as tutors have lots of experience.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Ok, I will go with the foreign county but that does not mean they are not good, just poorly paid.

And of course 2 dollars a hour is a lot more than I get paid for my hours of answering questions on here to. So some people do things just to help others.

I had thought perhaps they were helping several people at a time but that was just a guess

And of course "college degrees" how do you know if they are real degrees or not. For example I have a entire list of them, but you have to take my word on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online marketing [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way I can market my websites? I have been posting my website everyday on a free ads site and earn about $250 per month just from that site(has heavy traffic). I have come across some software that says "message board blaster", "classified ad blaster" and some...

I need math Tutoring (any one know a good website) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello~ I was wondering if any of you all know a good High School Math Tutoring Website That Is Really Chape Or Free? I Need Help With Precents % Please Email or reply >Removed<

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

Online surveys [ 9 Answers ]

I saw an ad for filling out surveys online. Are these scams or can you make money?

Online Books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could any one please give me the free online books for c programming

View more questions Search