Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
    New to the internet - What about Pay per view sites?
    I recently tried out pay per view surfing site on two websites and I am wondering if any scams are there that has been reported and where do I get reliable information.

Also would like information on traffic exchange sites, is it legit and are there scary stories out there about them.

I am fairly new when it comes to internet browsing and using the web for other than emails and Google as a search engine.

Feeling rather daring as I venture into this unknown world, but also ready for the reality check regarding scams.

Thanks in advance for any information.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2011, 01:59 PM
    I'm not certain what you mean by "pay per view surfing site". The internet is free. Some sites require paid membership to get premium features. Are you referring to sites where you can watch television shows?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Echoing NeedKarma's question, what is a "pay per view surfing site"? If you are referring to sites that claim to show you movies, especially ones that aren't out yet on DVD or are still in theaters, stay away.

If you are talking about being able to watch network TV shows or major movie releases on a site, proceed cautiously. There are a small number of actual, licensed, high quality sites authorized to provide this type of content.

If by Traffic Exchanges, you mean sites where you can swap links with websites for your website, these methods are not very advantageous any longer in the era of new search engine algorithms designed to eliminate spam traffic efforts. When you are looking to share links with another website, it should be a quality site with the same or higher pagerank than your site.
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2011, 01:44 AM
    I get paid to view ads of sites, not sure how it actually works, but each view is counted and turned into money after some set period.
    Sometimes includes email views.

I didn't know traffic exchange was an old thing.
    What do you recommend then?

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2011, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    I get paid to view ads of sites, not sure how it actually works, but each view is counted and turned into money after some set period.
    It gets turned into a very very small amount. Have you been paid yet?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Of the 100's listed, most are scams, most offer or claim large funds but never pay.
    What they do is ask you to pay them for membership, then ask you to pay for refferals and more
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Need,
    I just started using it, not paid yet. I am not paying them anything so not expecting to earn much or soon.
    The ads are viewed within a frame and the header above the frame has the site address (link) where I am enlisted as a viewer. The header has a counter of 10 to 20 seconds,at the end of which the page reloads with a new ads and it keeps changing when I click a number at the header/footer outside the frame.

Fr,
    The ones I am trying out has a standard membership free, and I am finding that except for one, the rest of the sites send only emails with a link to view an ad where I get reward points. One site seems to send a lot of pushy, earn unbelieveable amounts offer emails,which I have been deleting so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get on internet but can ping sites OK [ 1 Answers ]

I am connected to the internet and can ping just fine, but cannot get on with browser (I.E) Windows 7

Internet sites that deals on. [ 5 Answers ]

Which internet site deals on (1)science and discovries,(2)history(3)mystery(4)Law.post the address of any of above listed. Thank you

Internet sites [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a different place like myspace :confused: ?

Can not view government sites [ 3 Answers ]

For some reason I cannot access the Canadian government sites. I keep getting the "Cannot find server" message/site. This wasn't a problem in the past. As far as I know, these are the only site I am not able to connect with. All other sites have been okay.

View more questions Search