Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadabahmad11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
    Sun moves around earth
    I have heard that sun moves around the sun.It [U]bows to almighty Allah after sunset and after taking his permission on next day it rises again.But I know its not possible as earth is round.Please guide me as it disturbs me all through the day even praying.
    Please mail ans at >Removed<
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Hello shadabahmad:

I wouldn't presume to interpret your religion. But, from an astronomical point of view, the earth orbits around the sun.

excon
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
    I have heard that sun moves around the sun.
    How is that possible? Do we have 2 suns and no one told me about it?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shadabahmad11 View Post
    I have heard that sun moves around the sun.It [U]bows to almighty Allah after sunset and after taking his permission on next day it rises again.But I know its not possible as earth is round.Please guide me as it disturbs me all through the day even praying.
    Please mail ans at >Removed<
    I am not sure I understand how this disturbs you while praying.

I understand the action of prostration as we see the sun is not possible;but it is part of faith which is unseen as the Quran mentions-

Surat Al-'A`rāf

7:54
    "... , and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command ... "

Surat Al-Ĥaj
    22:18
    See you not that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and Ad-Dawab (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and many of mankind? ..."

Surat Fuşşilat
    41:37
    "And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him. "

All of it is a matter of faith, faith and belief in Allah involves believing what we see/know (with our five senses) and believing what we do not see . We cannot see Allah yet we believe; following His command to pray.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If our sun was to collapse on itself how long would it take to reach earth. [ 11 Answers ]

If our sun was to explode as all stars do eventually, how long would it take for our planet to know? With light traveling at a constant speed I was told that light takes seven minutes to reach earth. Light travels at 299,792,458 m/s. (Hope I'm correct on that). So what amount of time would it take...

Earth-sun relations [ 2 Answers ]

What causes the intensity and duration of solar radiation received at any place to vary throughout the year??

Earth-Sun Relations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the relation between the angle of the noon Sun and the quantity of solar radiation received per square centimeter at the outer edge of the atmosphere

Viewing Earth (sun) in the past through satellites? [ 18 Answers ]

If it is true that the light we are seeing from other galaxies is light that began traveling our direction long long ago, is it possible to see the earth at some distant historical time and place through a satellite? Am I overthinking it, or should the location of the earth (or sun) a million...

The sun lighting the earth [ 1 Answers ]

What present of the earth can be lighted by the sun at any time?

View more questions Search