Ask
    mvhsballa21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Reversible reaction
    What is meant by a reversible reaction
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
    It's exactly what it says, the reagents can react to form the products, and the products can react to form the reagents.

All reactions, in theory, are reversible. They keep reacting until the reaction meets an equilibrium state (where they are still reacting, but the proportion of reagents and products stay the same because the rate of reaction in each direction is the same).

You can see how equilibriums are affected by studying Le Chatelier's principle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for a person to have an adverse reaction to tylenol with codeine? Could it be fatal? And if so is there any other known cases? These questions mainly focus on codeine and is not overdose.

Lotion reaction? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a huge fan of Bath and Body Works, and have almost every scent they've made. I recently bought one of their new scents for the season, called Exotic Coconut. It smelled delicious, so naturally, I used it. After putting it on my whole body after a shower, my skin started getting...

Reaction Rates [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find the moles consumed of a reactant, and the rates that these are consumed, using the units mol/s and mol/L/s?

Precipitation Reaction when combining CoCl2 and NaCO3 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the precipatation reaction when CoCl2 + NaCO3?

View more questions Search