Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovemyhair. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2011, 08:10 AM
    I want to die my hair red but I'm a natural blond?
    I'm a natural blond, pale face and all that, but my mum had an idea that I dye my hair a light purple or a reddish/orange colour. I have short hair, it's in a bob and I'm 15. But my problem is, I don't know if it will suit me or not as I've never dyed my hair any colour apart from blond to make it lighter.. Can anyone help please!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 02:12 PM
    Red shades are the most quick to fade, but you not knowing how much natural ash you have in your hair, could end of purple, or brilliant red and I don't think you would want that. Then you are faced with the issue of damaging your hair to get rid of the colour that hasn't worked.

I used to dye my hair golden blond which was a red shade, and always got (not not unwanted, it was attractive) a strawberry blond. I quite liked that.

What you have to do is spend a little money and do a test strip to see what it will turn out; but I actually think you are too young to be fooling around with hair colours, love, as you obviously love your blond shade and compliment it with another blond colour.

Please don't ruin what nature has made quite pretty.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dyed my hair red from blond how do I get it back [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from Blond to Redish brown how do I get it back. My grandmother just passed away and she hated it when I wasn't blond. I need to do this before her funeral. PLEASE HELP!!

Red hair + Dirty Blond = Anyone have a guess? [ 4 Answers ]

I have Red hair. So does my mom, and her mom. My dad has brown. Two kids in my family ended up with red hair, two ended up with blond. My wife has dirty blond, as does her mother and her father. The kids in her family ended up with 2 blond, 1 dark. SO... with that background, would anyone like to...

Red hair back to Blond [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am so glad I found this site... My daughter went through a stage were she dyed her hair (ruby) red, she then added some kind of red dye (cherry bomb) that made it glow under black-lights. Well it appears she's through that stage and now wants her hair back to her natural med/dark...

I wish to return to my natural, platinum blond hair. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone. My name is Alastor, and I fear I have done terrible things to my hair. What have I done, you may ask? Well, last September, I dyed my extremely light blond hair to a very dark red for reasons beyond me. By January, it was somewhat faded, but still looked terrible. I went down to...

View more questions Search