Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CliffARobins13 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Aug 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
    How much will DC Comics veer from the history of Batman when they release their...
    How much will DC Comics veer from the history of Batman when they release their reboot?
    Skylude Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 25, 2011, 02:16 PM
    I am thinking that they are going to modify it quite a bit. They always seem to want to add things when they revisit them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 02:36 PM
    I agree, my bet ( not that is it legal to bet nor that I really would) but is that it will be a major rewrite
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
    I have to admit, I'm a huge Batman fan and this whole idea makes me cringe. You can't just take all these years of Batman and throw it out the window, can you? Well, if you're DC you can do anything you want, I suppose. This is why I worry, because I think they will destroy it all and just pretend it never happened. I hope I'm wrong though.

As a side... when I say I'm a Batman fan, I mean I'm more of the Dark Knight version of Batman fan. My favorite 2 stories were Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, both by Frank Miller. These did change Batman a little as we know him but not too much. Any more than this and I think I will be p****d off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 03:10 PM
    I go the other way with Batman from the comic days and think even the last movies did not do him proper Justice.
    Not that the TV show did any at all of course
    Entomology Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Fr_Chuck... the newer movies were largely based on the Batman character from the Year One graphic novel that I had mentioned. The stories were different but the character was the same. The dark, brooding, self doubting Batman is the one I like because he seems more "real" to me if that makes sense. I can fully understand why many people may not like that version because he is more of an anti-hero rather than a Superhero.

With that said, I have nothing against the regular comic versions of Batman either, I do like them. The only Batman I can say I really DON'T like is the one that was played by Val Kilmer and George Clooney... lol.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2011, 06:48 PM
    When did Batman start the Super Human stuff?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Not sure what you mean. What superhuman stuff are you referring to?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
    He used to climb with a rope, run, jump like a human, Now he can fly? Jump from Tall Buildings?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 11:26 AM
    Oh... yeah, he's "modernized", not super human. He doesn't fly, he glides. Depending on the source (as there are so many to choose from, between the comics and also even the films) his cape is designed so that it acts like glider wings when he jumps from buildings.
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Aug 26, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I think this is all a marketing gimmick and they will return to the current story lines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My attorney needs me to sign a release for defense & pre medical history form. [ 3 Answers ]

It looks like this case is going to court was hoping for a settlement. I could not get the secretary to explain the forms meaning and why I now needed to sign them. A release of defense sounds bad and the other pre-medical release sounds like they are want my medical history records. How does the...

Batman The Dark Knight; Why did Batman choose. [ 44 Answers ]

OK, Warning: If you have not seen Batman The Dark Knight, then do not read this post! I need some clarification: Batman had a choice of either saving the District Attorney or the woman; why did he save the DA? My guess is that he was "set-up/tricked" by someone (the mayor?) to save the...

Landlord refuses to release rental history [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in Oregon and I've been renting a house from a property management company for the past 18 months and am now month-to-month. My rent is now too expensive so I applied at an apartment complex, and after a week or so I received a call from the complex saying that the property management company...

Paper for comics [ 11 Answers ]

What is the paper they use for making comics? :confused:

Old cards and comics [ 2 Answers ]

I have allot of old hockey and baseball cards and comics. I was holding them for him when my son was in high school to sell for him to go to college or university. I told my uncle about them and he has been collecting cards for a long time and has a large amount on hand. He informed me to sell...

View more questions Search