Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cb6717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
    My goldfish looks like its fins are bleeding... on the inside, also around the gills?
    It's not like blood just real red. It's also floating a lot and not swimming much anymore. Any suggestions? We added some minnows from a nearby lake. Could that have anything to do with it?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 24, 2011, 11:48 AM
    It's dying, and yes, adding the minnows probably added bacteria from the lake.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 12:05 PM
    There's nothing you can do for it... once they start floating, that's pretty much the end. It's possible that adding other fish from a lake caused this. A long time ago I had an Oscar (a big fish that eats other fish) that was about 10 inches long. Real nice looking fish. He was expensive to feed goldfish to and I thought that if I feed him minnows, I could feed him well and it wouldn't cost much. He ate well for a week and then was dead. It was an expensive lesson to learn.

Sorry this happened to you.
    ginderella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2013, 05:03 AM
    I am wondering how this turned out for you, I have a fish with the same problem. Mine is a goldfish approx 1yr old, I added some fish from an admittedly dirty tank in approx 2 weeks ago and now he is hovering at the surface, looks like bleeding, and decreased swimming. I have separated him from the other fish. Just wondering if your fish survived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fugus inside penis,itching,bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

I have some kind of fungus looking stuff just on the inside of my penis... some times my penis itchs and also when I urinate. Ipenis has also bled from time to time after having sex... do I have a std?

Red Gills on my goldfish looks like blood! [ 2 Answers ]

1 of my goldfish has red on its gills and it looks like blood! It keeps on going to the surface to gasp for air and it has been eating less. I have 2 goldfish and they share one tank, but the other one seems fine! How do I cure the other one? Please answer quickly!!

GoldFish All Fins Have Gone BlackWhat's Happened! [ 7 Answers ]

I have one goldfish and all of a sudden during the last 3 days his fins have gone black but his body is still golden what's happened please help thanks

View more questions Search