Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallinghard23 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 11:24 AM
    Statutory rape?
    Hey I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 23 could he be charged for statutory rape??
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Not only could he be but, as far as I'm concerned, if he's having sex with you at your age, he should be charged.

What kind of twisted mind makes him think that at his age, this is OK for him to do? He's a loser.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
    I have male ancestors before about the Civil War who married 14 year old girls, because it was common then to teach a girl nothing but homemaking skills to prepare her for having 12 children or so over the next 20 years, and then raise them for the next 20 years, and then die. This has been pretty common for the last 5,000 years, maybe more. Now we have the modern industrial world and laws saying that young girls can't and shouldn't be making decisions about having sex with 'older' men. And rightly so - making your way in the world now is too complex to be popping out babies so young, and wondering how you will support them, and all too often regretting your lost youth.

Aug 24, 2011, 01:13 PM
    That's the thing its not about sex... I love him for who he is and we are both not worried about sex but my dad would probably charge him for it anyway.. I think its so retarded because its not really going to matter how old he is in like 5 yrs.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
    In 5 years when you are a legal adult and more mature?

Whether you "love" him or not is irrelevant, he should not be involved with a minor and he has issues if he thinks it's OK.

Aug 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Not everyone matures at the same, I have to say I'm pretty mature for my age...
    Entomology Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 01:33 PM
    That's fine but the law disagrees with you and apparently your father would too.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallinghard23 View Post
    hey im 16 and my boyfriend is 23 could he be charged for statutory rape???
    I'm surprised that no one has said: we cannot answer without knowing where you are.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
    I'm surprised that no one has said: we cannot answer without knowing where you are.
    True, I got ahead of myself because I just can't stand to see things like this. You are right though, it's possible the age of consent is 16 where she is.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2011, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I have male ancestors before about the Civil War who married 14 year old girls, because it was common then to teach a girl nothing but homemaking skills to prepare her for having 12 children or so over the next 20 years, and then raise them for the next 20 years, and then die. This has been pretty common for the last 5,000 years, maybe more. Now we have the modern industrial world and laws saying that young girls can't and shouldn't be making decisions about having sex with 'older' men. And rightly so - making your way in the world now is too complex to be popping out babies so young, and wondering how you will support them, and all too often regretting your lost youth.
    Joy, honey, this is the legal board, not the lonely hearts board. We like to give legal advice on this board and I really can't see any legal advice in your post, only ramblings here. Sorry. I got married at 16 to a guy 21.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 07:51 PM
    Legal or not, he is a pedophile and this is a sick relationship.

Legally, there are a few places a 16 year old can give consent, but there are other laws a father can use to keep a pedophile away from a 16 year old, he can merely order him to stay away, if he takes you anywhere alone ( even if you go willing) he can go after custodial interference or the such.

Sounds like a great dad, you will be thankful latter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape 18 yr old 16 yr old [ 8 Answers ]

Er.. Yeah Im turning 18 and Im a girl. But the dude's only 16, he'll be 17 this year. So there's only a year difference between us. But someone said that's still statutory rape. But someone else said that cause Im a girl it doesn't matter. So Im confused. BUT I still want to be with him but I don't...

Statutory rape [ 6 Answers ]

If you have a girlfriend that lives in Alberta canada and she is 16, and you have a son that lives in the US and is 18 and something happends is that considered statutory rape??

Statutory rape [ 10 Answers ]

I was raped 3 1/2 yrs ago and have a child as a result. I was to terrified to say anything at the time being 17 yrs old myself. The rapist was 21. How long do I have to report this? My husband and I don't want this guy to get away with this. Any help?

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

View more questions Search