Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickirichi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 02:52 AM
    Why don't guys approach me?
    This is just one thing I want to know, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or just plain unattractive. I guess I won't know for sure, as you can't see me but here goes...

Ok so I'm tall... thin... dark hair dark eyes... I can be pretty I think. I have been called hot by a couple of guys, and people say I'm pretty (but they wouldn't say otherwise now would they?)

Anyway, so I'm 20 and I have never had a real boyfriend. I mean I have been chatted up, but it always seems to be old dudes like 45+. And then there is Uni where I catch people looking at me (men), but NEVER has one come up, and chatted me up... that I would call chatting up anyway.

So I was wondering what this means... is there something I can do to make me more approachable, or something? I'm really fun loving, and easy going but I guess a bit shy...

If you can help me I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 04:31 AM
    Maybe they are just to shy to aprroach you. Maybe you could be the one to approach them, unless you are more old fashioned and like the guy to do it but this is the world we live in today. I am a shy guy and have trouble approaching girls sometimes, especially if they are really pretty, then again I lack confidence. Maybe people sense that you don't want to be talked to, if so try to loosen up, not sure if that is the case or not but just a thought. I hope this helps you and I hope it somehow helps me too. Haha
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 06:56 AM
    They may be feeling intimidated. Guys don't like rejection either. When you see someone looking at you and are interested in talking to him, look back and smile. A guy will feel much more comfortable approaching you if he sees you smiling, laughing, talking, and looking like you are having fun and are approachable. You want to give off a friendly, welcoming vibe.

Are you typically with a group of girls? Some guys don't like to approach a big group of girls. Step aside from the group with just a couple of friends, and smile when you catch his eye. If you catch it a couple of times, you could even give a small wave. You could always open a conversation. I know you feel shy, but it doesn't have to be much. It could be as simple as saying "hi" and seeing if he'll take it from there.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 09:50 AM
    I think you have to be out and about, so guys can see how fun living, and easy going you are. There is nothing like a pretty smile to make you approachable. And don't worry, just because you haven't been approached by the right guy, it doesn't mean you won't. You just have to be in the right place, at the right time to see, and be seen... and smile.

Bet if you observed others, you would pick up a lot of social skills, and gain confidence using them.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Who knows? With out a picture a possibility can be that you are hot and that guy fel intimidated by your looks to the point that they are not able to come up and "chat" with you. Regardless of why, what is your rush? What is it that you want? And also why don't you try making the first move and seewhere it goes from there? Maybe a little iniciative won't hurt and can led to something good, just try.

Good Luck,
    Javi
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Don't look for love, romance, or attention. Make friends and have fun. You never know who a friend may know, that you don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It about about 2 black gay guys who were killed in ah park bye some white guys [ 0 Answers ]

What's this movie call about 2 black gay guys who were killed in ah park bye some white guys

Why is it that guys never seem interested or approach me? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 19, a college student, and have many oddball tendencies. I'm average size, brunette with dark features, I have my pretty days and I have my straight-up-ugly days. I like the outdoors, have an eclectic taste in music, and I'm generally a pretty quiet person (I consider myself somewhat of an...

Guys that I do things with at parties never approach me afterwards? [ 9 Answers ]

When I go to parties, I get drunk and usually end up doing things with someone (blow jobs, fingering, making out, etc. etc.). But after the party, the guys that I had done things with don't talk to me. I mean, they don't IGNORE me, but they just never approach me afterwards. What does this mean? Is...

View more questions Search