Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 02:34 AM
    iPod and computers
    Cannot disconnect iPod from computer, I clicked the icon to disconnect, the computer is telling me its safe, however the iPod is not disconnecting.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 03:49 AM
    Has the ipods screen not changed from the charging symbol?
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Thanks for responding bear...

No, the iPod is saying connected, but the computer is saying its safe to disconnect..

I ran the ccleaner, cleared cache and the usually suspects, then the computer tells me the iPod is connected to a programme is still
    In use!

I checked with another iPod and it connected and disconnected fine.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 05:46 AM
    No worries red :)

Are you disconnecting it from within iTunes or the little symbol in the bottom right of your computer?

Assuming you use itunes try opening that and clicking the disconnect button see if that works

Just an fyi, I've disconnected my iPod by accident a few times without clicking that button, (i.e just pulled the cable out) and my iPod still works fine, I know that the safely disconnect button isn't there for no reason, but I don't think it will do it much harm if you wanted it disconnected that badly.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 05:52 AM
    We do have itunes downloaded onto the computer but in a moment of complete stupidity I looked up imesh... got loads of songs, logged out.. im thinking this is the problem.

I checked back into imesh and there does not seem to be anything there to indicate the iPod is still connected.

I'm clicking the little icon in the bottom right hand corner, there's a ton of little icons down there!

I also took out the attachment and the iPod looks frozen?

The screen is saying 'connected, eject before disconnecting.
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2011, 06:00 AM
    If it is frozen then resetting it would be best.

For mine its hold down the middle button and menu till the screen goes blank but you could have a different iPod to me so:

How to reset iPod

Hope that helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple Ipod touch 4G OR Ipod nano multi touch ? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents gave me a choise to make.. They want to get me either an apple Ipod 4G, or anIpod nano multi touch... Which one would be better for an 13 year old girl?

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earpho [ 1 Answers ]

When I plug my earphones in the iPod the sound comes through both the iPod and earphones. What I want to know is how to stop it on the Ipod so that it only comes through the ear phones when they are commected

Computers: what is an economic (and idiotproof)way of networking two home computers? [ 1 Answers ]

The prioncipal computer is Windows 7 model, and I wish to bring an older computer into the same operating status re broadband etc. What equipment and cabling is necessary?

View more questions Search