Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smarkocpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 01:04 PM
    Am I considered a veteran
    I served in the airforce national guard during the Korean war but did not see any active action--I served for seven years
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 01:40 PM
    You are considered a vetern based on what you say What Is A Veteran? However, the ANG was never called the airforce national guard so it's a bit fuzzy for us to tell exactly what you were in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Anyone who serves in the military is a "veteran" you even a war time veteran, but you never were in a war zone so you are not a Korean War Veteran.

Have you joined any of the veteran groups, American Legion or the VFW
    okweeb Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2012, 02:12 AM
    You would be considered a Veteran, although you did not see any Combat action, seven years of Reserve service would still qualify you as a Veteran. I did 11 years in the Reserves myself, in between my active duty terms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I considered a veteran [ 13 Answers ]

I survived boot camp and a few weeks of medical training and got out of the Army, am I considered a veteran?

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

Veteran Disability [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Can Veteran Disability income be garnished for child support? I have a court order for child support but the father refuses to pay? Can I have his income garnished? Thanks for any help.

Veteran critc [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the veteran critic and broadway columnist who went on to produce or write more than 2 dozen films

Veteran Education [ 1 Answers ]

I am a "Korean Conflict" veteran with a ten percent disability, as well as a "Cal Vet". Does anyone know how I can find out what type of educational benefits I am entitled to? Thanks, Kavanaugh

View more questions Search