Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloka4444 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Tetany-How is it caused?
    Tetany is caused due to continuous contraction of muscle due to low serum levels of calcium. But sufficient ca influx into the cells is required for the depolarization which causes contraction,so how can low levels of Ca can cause depolarization and contraction in tetany?Please explain.
    Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

What could have caused me to pass out twice? [ 1 Answers ]

Last night when I got home from work, I was just doing a few things around the house, waiting for my mom to come over, I threw a few shoes in the closet and the next thing I knew I felt like I was dreaming-the dream was like I had been scared, and was running and breathing very heavy, then I woke...

Could this be caused by hormonal changes? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I've seen my gynocologist, my physicican, and my dermatologist... Heres the issue,I have a few irritating and potentially serious symptoms. The first symptom is depresion (I can usually deal with this except for just before my period) I used t take depresion medications years ago, but...

What caused this to happen? [ 11 Answers ]

I went to the beach to feed the geese that we have there. I noticed in the water tons of dead fish floating on top of the water, what is the cause for that?

Who caused my miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 14 and recently miscarried my third pregnancy... my first I had terminated the second I miscarried due to a stab wound to the stomach and as I said I've miscarried my third at 10 weeks. My doctor told me my miscarriage was probably to do with the scar tissue and damage caused by the...

Hurt caused by me or you to another [ 7 Answers ]

Exactly how much of responsibility do I or anyone has/have for someone else's feeling of being hurt after I/anyone caused it. No matter how much the apologies, isn't there a point where the other person need to take care of their feelings no matter how much I've hurt? I NEED YOUR OPINION ON HOW...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.