Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KeriLynnLove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 06:08 PM
    First dose of the depo shot & missed period
    Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I have not yet had a period since then. I was due for my 2nd depo shot on January 28th but due to a mix up with the dr and I , I was unable to receive it. I was wondering if just one dose of depo , beings how I received it 2 days after giving birth, can make me have missed periods, or should I be worried about the possibility of being pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 06:09 PM
    This is rather normal with Depo. I was on for 3 years and never experienced a period.

You can take a HPT using first morning urine to ease your mind, but this is common for some women who use DepoProvera.
    rtdc Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Feb 1, 2007, 07:09 PM
    OK I had my son in August 17th but didn't get my shot until dec. 20th and I too missed my period and call the advise nurse and she said that most often once you get the shot you won't have a period myself I've been spotting for almost two weeks which can happen with the shot so missing your periods is perfectly normal...
    Kisses5986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeriLynnLove
    Hello there.....i gave birth to a baby girl on november 2nd 2006. on november 4th 2006 i recieved my first dose of the depo shot. after the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later i had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of december that lasted about 4 days. i have not yet had a period since then. i was due for my 2nd depo shot on January 28th but due to a mix up with the dr and i , i was unable to recieve it. i was wondering if just one dose of depo , beings how i recieved it 2 days after giving birth, can make me have missed periods, or should i be worried about the possibility of being pregnant?
    Missing your period on Depo is VERY common, you may have irragular peroids, short periods, no periods... it all depends on your body.. I would not recommend depo to any of my friends as it messed with my body pretty bad.. when I actually did get off the shot.. I had my period for very long period!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

When will I get my period after going off the Depo Vera Shot ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amy. My next due date for my shot is Jan. 17th. But I am not getting it anymore due to my body feeling uncomfortable, I was gaining weight, always felt bloated and I read somewhere that if you have depression you shouldn't be on it, which I do and take Zoloft for it. I was only on...

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Could this be caused by the Depo shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I got the Depo shot for the first time in November for the first time. Since about a month after I have had nothing but problems like I have been bleeding more regular than usual menstrual periods last, itchiness down there, burns to pea, back pain, my breasts have been...

The depo birthcontrol shot [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on the depo shot for six months and I was suppose to go back sept 29,2006 for my third shot but I did not go on the 29th when my shot was due I had cramps in my lower stomach area and I was bleeding but not heavy I'm I trying to start my periode so soon or what.:eek:

View more questions Search