Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usm1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Head injury?
    At 630 cdt my wife slipped while helping yorkie out of the bed. The side of her head hit the nightstand. About an inch behind eye toward the ear. Bruised area reddish purple about the size of a quarter. The indention worries her. About 1/2 long. Minor headache, no blurred vision. Talks good, good balance. Has ice on it. What should I look for or should she immediately be taken to ER? Thanks, tommy
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
    She needs to be carefully monitored for any signs of speech, impairment, etc. She just may have a slight concussion and just a few days of bed rest and should be okay. BUT if she shows any signs of eye blurryness, speech problems, walking problems, please take her to the ER and have checked out.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
    An indentation the brusing and headache is enough to warrant a trip to the E.R, she may feel OK now but you don't know what's going on underneath that dent, no swelling, DENT, anywhere near the temple needs attention.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Any head injury take her straight away to hospital, they know what to look for and what change in behavior to watch for.There can sometimes be a delayed reaction so please go straight away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head injury . Skull making cracking noise. [ 6 Answers ]

I was in a physical fight yesterday. I thought I was fine immediately after and went on with my day. Today I woke up and when I touched my face there was a cracking on the right side of my head. I have at least two bumps on my head that are sour to the touch and a mild headache and earache. I feel...

Could somebody help me clearly understand pump head I.e static head, delivery head [ 1 Answers ]

Could somebody help me clearly understand pump head i.e static head, delivery head, residual head and friction head . Please give me examples in S.I units. This is for plumbing purposes

License revoked tdue to temporary double vision (head injury) [ 2 Answers ]

My brother was in a 4 wheeler accident last week and as a result of having a head injury, he has double vision, which is less and less every day. He is at a rehabilitation hospital until next Thursday, but today the therapist said she is going to have his license revoked due to his occasional...

View more questions Search