Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 02:36 AM
    It's not the lack of tax dollars and policies that have hurt African -Americans . It's bad policies . Bad policies hurt the weakest the most;and it becomes ever clearer that big government policies have been a failure in the Western world .
    It's not Black /White.. The President is wedded to a failed policy set .

By all appearances ,after he finshes his time in the playground of wealthy libs ;he will go back to Washington and try to double down on failed policies.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Tomder - heaven forbid he FIXES failed policies. Everything he touches turns to Horse poop.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Padre:

I agree that a REASONABLE Republican...
    LOL, Bush was the spawn of Satan and he won twice.

Obama is in deep doo doo, hopenchange hasn't worked out like it supposed to. But then the media isn't sure yet if they've been duped by Obama so there's still a chance he can dupe them and the voters again.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Our weak and naïve President has been proven right in his decision to "lead from behind" and leave a small footprint in Libya. What the right-wing hawks said would happen didn't happen.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Our weak and naive President...
    Excellent description.

So what did those right-wing hawks say would happen that didn't happen? And surely you realize that besides being a lousy style, leading from behind is an oxymoron.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 10:14 AM
    I'm surprised there haven't been massive demonstrations by the left with "blood for oil" signs .

Lead from behind ? Lol... the NATO nations were calling in their cards. They told the President that they supported us in Afghanistan so it was time for the US to return the favor.

I'm thrilled Q~Daffy is on his way out ;and hopeful that the rebels are not a different brand of jihadistan.

Reasonable Republicans... hmm Huntsman can't decide if he is a Republican... Daniels is great now that he decided not to run.
    I remember the NY Slimes giving their nod to McCain during the 2008 primaries and trashing him weeks later during the general election.
    Yeah Huntsman is the toast of the Sunday talkshow circuit as he voices one Democrat position after another... that must make him reasonable.
    When Mike Bloomberg enters the race another "reasonable Republican " will be available .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    So what did those right-wing hawks say would happen that didn't happen?
    That the civil war would continue indefinitely.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I'm suprised there haven't been massive demonstrations by the left with "blood for oil" signs .
    Gas prices will be going down. You'll be saving money at the pump.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 10:45 AM
    I'm surprised there haven't been massive demonstrations by the left with "blood for oil" signs .
    Good point.

Lead from behind ? Lol... the NATO nations were calling in their cards. They told the President that they supported us in Afghanistan so it was time for the US to return the favor.
    He led "from behind" during Iran's green revolution a couple of years ago and he is obviously also "leading from behind" over Syria as it only took him 5 months, a couple of thousand deaths who knows how many arrests to call for Assad to go.

When Mike Bloomberg enters the race another "reasonable Republican " will be available .
    Say it ain't so.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Gas prices will be going down. You'll be saving money at the pump.
    Only because of declining demand due to the summer of recovery. The question is will prices decline at the rate of the devaluation of the dollar ? More likely it will inversely rise to the fall of the curreny.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    So what did those right-wing hawks say would happen that didn't happen?

I don't recall the "right-wing hawks" predicting that . There is of course the possibility that the tribes won't unite behind the new government ;and it is unclear where the new government will take the country . I am hopeful that the revolution doesn't get hijacked by jihadistan .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Libya used to export c 1.5M barrels of oil per day. Almost all have been cut off since the beginning of the fighting when a barrel was $84. At the end of April, a barrel was over $110. Libya's oil is high quality and in demand for European refineries. If Libyan rebels succeed,the full effect of falling oil prices won't be felt for months, but oil markets (futures) will respond now already.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 12:20 PM
    References?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
    Yeah Huntsman is the toast of the Sunday talkshow circuit as he voices one Democrat position after another ....
    Hello again, tom:

So, your Republican candidate AIN'T going to believe in science, huh? I don't think that's going to work in your favor. Obama is weak, true.. But, he can BEAT your dingbats.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 05:33 PM
    Yeah Huntsman's got the Dem talking points down pat. It's like he's reading their playbook... AWG skeptics are Science deniers... check... his Republican rivals are on the political "fringes", "at an extreme end of the Republican Party",and have "zero substance"... check.

I'll give him credit for one thing (2 because I thought he was a decent Ambassador)... unlike Romney ,he makes no effort to hide his RINO boni fides.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
    Giuliani and Pataki might enter the race -- now THAT'S exciting!
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2011, 03:36 AM
    Pataki was a good Guv. In his case you are talking legit Republican moderate ;which in NY is about the best you can get .

Everyone knows Rudy's strengths and weaknesses . He was a great prosecutor and Mayor... not sure how that translates on the national stage. His weakness is he made a mess in his personal relations... and his professional judgement in his association with, and promotion of Bernard Kerik .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Yup, Giuliani and Pataki -- and I'm a displaced New Yorker (Brockport area). Blue and white, fight, fight, fight! Go Blue Devils!
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Must love Great Lakes living ?

I love this in Wiki :

Due to a conflict between two of the founders of Brockport there are no intersections on Main St. that meet up squarely. Even the intersection of State St. and Main St. along with the intersection of Main St. and Adams St. are between one and two feet off from square. The founders hated each other so much that they refused to line up any streets when each designed each half of the village.

Lol; American politics in a nutshell !
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2011, 08:47 AM
    Can anyone name THREE things Obama did that was in the best interest of America since he became president? I'm having a hard time coming up with ONE.

I can name more than two dozen things that he has done that has trashed this country and was not in the best interest of America. He's definitely pro big corporations and against the plebian public.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2011, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Can anyone name THREE things Obama did that was in the best interest of America since he became president?
    Hello Dink:

Here's four. He ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He saved GM. He passed a health care law. He managed to overthrow Gadaffy WITHOUT losing ONE American life.

BUT, he also saved some banks that might not have needed saving.. He didn't prosecute the tortures. He didn't prosecute the banksters. He expanded the surveillance state. He expanded the war in Afghanistan. He didn't close Gitmo. He continued the Bush tax cuts, and he laid down for the Republicans every chance he could.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do disconnects have AIC ratings or is it just the fuse that has to carry the rating? [ 1 Answers ]

Do disconnects have AIC ratings or does the fuse carry the rating?

Electrical outlet rating vs. Circuit breaker amperage rating [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered. I just bought a Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter. It has a Nema 50-P plug end on it, which I assume is to be plugged into a Nema 50-R outlet. In looking in my reference book, this is a 3 wire...

Ratings... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I'm relatively new here, and I'll bet you've had this discussion before... But, I don't want to look it up. The ratings (or whatever they're called), suck. I always new it. I just didn't want to rock the boat. It's the agree or don't agree thing. A newbie (on this site) recently...

View more questions Search