Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meukitten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Getting over issues with my boyfriend.
    We've been together for about 7 months now. In the beginning it was amazing, he would do everything for me, he bought me flowers, bought me lunch, took me home. Now it seems we're beginning to drift apart. I don't know why, he says he loves me; but it feels empty. He has an issue coming over (even if I'm sick or upset) and always expects me to go over his house. He chalks it up to being lazy, or tired. Whatever. I always have to be the one to travel on his terms. He is terrible at consoling, I don't know if that's a man thing, but he seems to always make things worse when I'm upset. But I'm always the first and only to comfort him when he's down. He doesn't compliment me so much anymore but swears he loves me and would be heartbroken if I left him. When he does something upsetting it's totally okay, but if I do something he freaks out. Is this relationship worth working on? Or do you guys think it'll just keep deteriorating? I've been following my instinct as much as I can but I really need some help with this one.

(I'm 20, he's 21) Help! /:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 20, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Sounds like he's become comfortable or maybe a little tired of you, and you've been willing to indulge his laziness. Put another way.. He's unwilling to put effort into the relationship and you are becoming resentful because of it.

If you both continue down this path, I would not expect you to be happily together in another 7 months.

All you can do is tell him how you feel. If he is unwilling to listen, or unwilling to act, you'll have your answers.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Its always good in the beginning, and everyone is happy and on their best behavior. As time goes on, the true character and nature of you both is slowly revealed and requires adjustments through honest communications, for you to continue.

If you cannot make this adjustments, and talk and resolve your issues to the benefit of you both, then you can bet your booty that things will go down hill.

Then the only choice to make is if they are worth the emotional investment or not, and how fast you abandon a sinking ship.

For sure when the fun is over, and the real work begins, it about how well you work together, and if you enjoy working together.

If you don't... whats the point?
    sHazel Posts: 57, Reputation: 4

Aug 23, 2011, 02:05 PM
    I'm a little bit younger than you but I was raised to believe if he wants you he will come pick you up and he will call you or text you 1st not saying its bad to talk to him 1st every now and then I mean my boyfriend lives 45 minutes away from me and he see comes to me at least 5 days a week... but if he doesn't make you happy and he is making you do everything then you don't need him do what makes you happy moving on can be hard but you will survive and find someone who deserves you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possessive Boyfriend Issues [ 3 Answers ]

I am very depressed, I met this guy 1 year he is kind of reserved person never spoke to any girl in fact fells very nervous in front of girls He saw my pic on some website and started talking to me as a friend and me too was responding and started talking to him at tha t time I was in relationship...

Boyfriend issues [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 4 months. I've never felt this way about any guy before. He makes me laugh and makes me feel beautiful and I just love being with him. About 2 months into the relationship, he kind of traced an I love you sign on me and I said that I loved him back....

Boyfriend issues [ 52 Answers ]

Threads merged again I'm feeling really whiney right now.. and I don't know, maybe I just want someone to tell me what to do. But.. I don't know. Recently, I've been thinking to myself that I'm never going to get married. That type of future just seems like its never going to happen. Its not...

Boyfriend and I are having issues. [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years. When we first started going out we had sex a lot. It has been over a month now since we've had sex. I've asked him why he hasn't wanted to have sex with me and he just tells me he doesn't know. My boyfriend is bi-sexual, but he always tells me...

Boyfriend issues [ 1 Answers ]

Im with my boyfriend nearly 3 years and I can't do anything romantic can any one give me any advise please:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search