Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spahky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Instlling a fan/light combination in an existing three way switch setup.
    The existing three way wiring now controls an upstairs light. I want to install a fan/light combo where the fan is controlled by the pull chain, and the light is controlled by by the two switches. I can find no information on this. Help. Richard L.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Describe the wires in the ceiling box where you want to install the ceiling fan/light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck wiring ceiling fan to existing light switch. [ 17 Answers ]

Attempting to wire a ceiling fan to an existing light switch. Ceiling fan has Black, Blue (light), white and ground. Fan being installed is light adaptable, but will have absolutely no plans of adding the light. I have run 14-2 wire to the light switch. Light switch has Black, Red, White and...

Installing a combination single pole switch and pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a combination single pole switch and pilot light where a sigle pole light switch existed. The exsisting switch had just two black wires connected and one is live power. There are white wires in the box but they bypass and did not connect to the exsisting switch. I've tried...

Adding a new light with its own pull string to existing light and switch [ 8 Answers ]

Howdy. I have a 50 year old house where the bathroom light shares a common wall with the back of the master bedroom closet. I want to add a pull string light in the closet and tap the power off the bathroom light. The bathroom light is switched and the power comes first to the light and then...

3-Way, Combination 3 Light Switch [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently trying to replace light switches that are quite old. The one I am stuck on is I have a 3-way combination 3 switch light switch that I'm stuck on. The older version had 9 wire spots. I cannot find a 3 way combination 3 switch to purchase so was wondering if there was...

Installing a combination light switch [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently purchased this house and are replacing light fixtures which have pull strings to turn them in. I want to install a combination switch to a new fixture but I am not sure if this will be possible. I have 1 wire which is bringing power to that area. I am confused as to the best...

View more questions Search