Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slhmsw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 12:30 AM
    Why does a burned dvd not have sound?
    I have burned MANY DVDs and occasionally I will burn one that for some reason does not play sound when I attempt to watch it on my TV. I have burned many DVDs with the same software and (I think) the same file format (ie avi) before and always have sound. But with certain files it does not play sound. What can I do to correct this problem?

Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Where are you getting your files from? The internet? What software are you using to convert to DVD? Do you preview the files before burning to ensure sound is there?

Aug 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
    I get the files from the internet. They are avi files and like I said, most of them are fine once burned, but occasionally they just don't have sound. I am burning the DVDs with Windows DVD Maker and I don't actually convert the files before burning them. I download them as avi files and they almost always work once burned onto a disk.

I do preview the files before burning them and on my computer the sound works.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 10:04 AM
    Not all avi files can be burned directly. Am surprised you are able to burn them at all. Do you have all the latest codecs? That may help. If nothing helps then you need a for real dvd file converter to properly convert the files and burn them. I've tried just about every converter out there and most of them take forever to convert. But I have been using AVS4YOU video converter for years now and can convert just about every video file and burn them to dvd's. The windows dvd maker is basically for use with files already converted for dvd burning.

I have a fast processor and can convert 4 hours of video in about 4 hours time. With my older PC it would take about 17 hours to convert 4 hours of video. The speed of your processor will make a huge difference.

Aug 21, 2011, 10:20 AM
    What type of file do they have to be converted to?
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
    ISO file to burn and play on DVD player.

I looked up your windows dvd maker and I am frankly surprised that you could burn any kind of dvd using that system as it looks like it does not have a converter in it. Some avi files can be burned but not all files are plane jane avi files. Try downloading more codecs and see if that fixes problem first.
    The Dude72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
    New guy here thank you for info it helped me also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD Player response when I play a burned DVD'. [ 2 Answers ]

No Audio No Data PLEASE Help, I'm trying to help my mom out here. She has a Sony HDMI CD/DVD Player DVP Ns700H. I insert a DVD-R / A movie I made on a Memorex DVD-R.

Sharp TV has sound with dvd, not with TV [ 3 Answers ]

The sound on my Sharp television works with the DVD, but not regular TV.

No sound from TV using DVD player [ 12 Answers ]

Just renting this apt that has a 1999 Phillips TV model #PL9127C101. The TV has only a coax cable hook-up and no remote. When I hook it up to a RF modulator and the DVD player, I can get it to play on Channel 14 but no sound. I have tried a different modulator and DVD player and get the same...

Dvd and surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

How to connect dvd and surround sound to a dish dvr

Burned Disc will not Finalize,Does not play in my DVD Player. [ 1 Answers ]

When I burn a movie ,I use IMG Burn,But when it is finished. It will not finalize the disc and it will not play on any of my DVD Player`s.Tried deleting the upper and lower filter`s and rebooting but that does not work.Can any one help me please.My Computer and DVD Burner are about 6 year`s old,and...

View more questions Search