Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allamer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
    Thumb Strain
    I believe I strained my thumb muscle. I was at the grocery store a week ago and pushing/steering my cart with one hand when I was using my other hand to talk on a cell phone. There was no blunt or sudden trauma to my thumb, but I have symptoms like a strained muscle. There is virtually no pain when flexing the thumb, but there is some pain in the meaty muscle portion of the palm, just below the thumb when exerting the thumb to move toward the adjacent index finger. I'm a 37 y/o male and no history of any previous hand problems. I was going to rest my thumb for awhile by taping it to the adjacent finger to keep me from exerting that muscle. About how long should I try to rest the thumb before easing it back to activity? Thanks for the help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Try resting it for at least 2 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle strain? [ 3 Answers ]

At work I had to lift a desk in order to run some wiring. The desk is extremely heavy and I had to strain pretty hard to lift it. I held it up for about 10 seconds so my co-worker could run the wires underneath. When I put it down my abdomen area hurted. Is it possible to hurt an organ by...

Repetitive Strain Injury! [ 3 Answers ]

I've completely destroyed my arms typing too much. I when to the Doc yesterday to confirm that it was from the typing and not something more sinister. But I forgot to ask for advice on what to do! I know I should just stop typing but it really isn't an option at the moment, so I need some damage...

Elbow strain [ 1 Answers ]

I recently strained my left elbow no breaks or fractures. Range of motion is getting better what are some exercises to get full mobility in my elbow and wrist? Is it common to have pain in your wrist?:cool: :cool: :cool: :confused: 26 male

View more questions Search