Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshuacampbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
    I have short legs, what's the lowest-ride height sport bike?
    I have short legs , what's the lowest ride height sport bikes
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
    I'm only 5'2" with an inseam of 30" and I have no problem getting a bike to fit me. You just have to go to a bike store and try different bikes. But remember you have to lower the bike seat and raise the handlebars on some models. I have a full sized Schwinn Ladies bike that is a comfort city bike. It has bigger tires (not mountain bike tires). The handlebars are very adjustible and I can ride in comfort having changed out the regular seat for a different comfy seat. The bike is heavy but it makes up for it allowing me to ride all day and not be jarred to death. I do not recommend a bike with skinny tires as they don't have any suspension systems in them and you will definitely feel the difference in the ride.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 06:50 PM
    I think they were talking about motorcycles since he mentioned a sport bike.

Anyway, if that is the case, your best bet is still to go to a dealership and look at them and try them out. I know the Kawasaki Ninja 500 is fairly low as far as sport bikes go... unfortunately, most sport bikes are just seated high.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Ya the EX500 is low, I knew a short girl that rode one. Best advice, go to a bike shop, and sit on them.

The highest bike I've ever sat on was a Suzuki Strom, it's ridiculously high.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 07:32 PM
    I used to work with a short kid who had a Suzuki GSXR 600... when he had to stop, he had to kind of lean over to support the bike with one leg. He dropped it so many times the fairing was destroyed. He wouldn't switch to something smaller and lower because he needed the "image"... don't make the same mistake. Image is nothing if you look stupid in between.

Seeing the Suzuki comment made me remember that.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Uh, when someone mentions bike I think bicycles not motorcycles. My mistake!

But everyone is different and it all comes down to how much you want to give in the height department for a motorcycle. Be sure you pick a bike you can safely handle.

OOPS! I also noticed this was under the motorcycles category. Boy am I tired. I've been up since 3AM and it's now past 10PM. My bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't ride a bike very well. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 44-year old female who's always been thin, but now needs to lose weight. I've never been able to ride a bike very far - even when I was little. Now I've just gotten the bike of my dreams for my birthday and want to ride with my husband. He can just go and go. He's even done the Hilly 100...

Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quid Cad Short Bed Sport [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1999 DODGE RAM 2500 v10 Quid Cad short bed The A/C works great when I works When I slow down or come to a stop it sound like a door closes under the dask it goes from cold air to HOT I have to turn it off and turn it back on after a few secondes it not the door under the glove box...

Legs on Antique Table are too short [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lovely antique dining table that has been in my family for four generations, but the turned legs that are on small castors are too shortfor us, and it's difficult to sit at. How can I "extend" the legs so that the 6-foot+ members of our family can sit at the table comfortably?

View more questions Search