Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CheerBaabe. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Heel Stretch Stretches?
    I'm 14 and I'm in cheerleading my Freshman year. This year I'm a flyer and I need to learn how to fly on my right leg, meaning I have to do a heel stretch on my left leg. My left leg isn't flexible at all, so does anybody know some stretches I can do to get my heel stretch on my left leg..
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 11:08 AM
    Here is a link you might like.

http://cheerwiz.com/ap139.htm

Another thing is to take it slow and don't overdo it. Make sure to warm up your muscles before you start.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2011, 11:09 AM
    One very simple stretch - Go to a set of stairs that has handrails. Place your foot on the riser. Leave the ball of your foot on the stair and then holding onto the railings very slowly go up and down on that foot a few times and see how your legs feel. You can do this with the left leg as well. It may help your flexibleness in the left leg.

Do these up and down stretches VERY SLOWLY or you can injure yourself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heel Stretch stretches? [ 27 Answers ]

Hey. I cheer on varsity competition at my high school. I am a flyer, , and I need a little help on getting my left leg stretched. Naturally, my right leg is way flexible, but my left leg is not. I have to be able to do a heel stretch in the air, and I need good ways to stretch that leg for it. Any...

Cheerleading stretches for heel stretch, scorpion, and arabesque [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting a straight scorpion, an arabesque that isn't flat it's like higher up then my head. And I need help getting a better heel stretch. I stretch a lot, and I really need a stretch that will start showing improvement for all of these in like a week. Please help :)

Heel stretch! [ 1 Answers ]

The all-star team that I tried out for requires a heel stretch, and mine pretty much stinks! So, is there any good, new, stretches? Because I know all the basic stretches. But if you guys know about anything more advanced it would help so much! Thanks! -Lauren(:

Heel Stretch [ 1 Answers ]

I'm I righty, so naturally my right leg is much more flexible. As a flyer with high expectations, I need to stretch out my left leg. My right leg heel stretch is good, but I need to do a heel stretch with my left leg in the air. Any tips on how to stretch out my left leg would be amazing! I know I...

View more questions Search