Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobg51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 06:29 AM
    Vpn blocking browsing on my home network
    I have a cisco VPN on my main (work) laptop on my home network connected to a BTHub3 wireless router. When the VPN is connected other devices (laptop or IPhone)frequently have to be re-connected to the network to browse the internet
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 07:51 AM
    At a guess it would sound like the vpn is causing your modem to "hang" and drop the other devices. You can check to see (with google) if that is a common problem with your router, if so then sometimes updating the firmware can fix the issue. Otherwise you may need to look into getting a different router.

Still more information would be best. Do devices ever fall off your network under heavy load(such as streaming high def movies)? Your vpn probably needs custom access/ports to be set on your router are they? Is anyone else at your work experiencing this problem with the vpn going through their wireless setup?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Printing on network while connected to vpn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HP7400 all in one series printer and I connect to a vpn connection by going through a web site. How do I print on my network while connected to there vpn connection

Home Network [ 4 Answers ]

How do you setup a home network. I have a Linksys router, PC is "XP" amd 1 is "ME". I have used the wizard etc and cannot see the "ME" PC. I can see the "XP"

Web browsing and VPN [ 3 Answers ]

Have installed BT Voyager router 2091 for fast broadband internet access via ethernet cable. Works fine as browser, e-mail and VPN separately. I cannot browse internet while connected to VPN although I can send and receive e-mails OK although somwhat slower when connected VPN. Previously used BT...

Blocking MSN Messenger on the network [ 10 Answers ]

Hi... I have 2 pc's that are connected to the internet, my PC is connected directly to the internet through a cable modem! The other PC is connected through my PC to the ineternet using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Now, my question is: How can I block MSN Messenger on the other PC?...

View more questions Search