Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selflesswife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2011, 12:52 AM
    What criminal cases can single woman who got pregnant by married man can file?
    If mistress got pregnant by married man? She is 20yrs old and single!What criminal charges or cases can she file?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 19, 2011, 01:00 AM
    None, as Adultery is NOT a criminal, or even legal, matter, although the mistress maybe able to file rape charges, but this is also unlikely.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 01:32 AM
    She can't file any charges if she was a willing participant. The only thing she can file for are custody and child support.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 11:08 AM
    We did not ask her where she was, perhaps if she is in some nations, but if she is in the US or Canada she can file for child support when child is born, she can ask for day care costs and medical insurance for the chld.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Adultery is still against the law in some US states and some countries. This is why its important to include a general locale when posting questions on law, as laws vary by area. But, in places where the laws still exist, they are rarely prosecuted.

The likely result of trying to pursue criminal charges is the prosecutor looking at it as buyer's remorse. Getting criminal charges prosecuted is not likely at all. And Adultery is the only possible charge based on the information provided.

Who are you in this scenario? The screen name is Selflesswife. So are you the wife he cheated on or the mistress, or who?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 20, 2011, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Adultery is still against the law in some US states and some countries.
    Especially in ND and LA;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A married woman had an affair with another married man and got pregnant [ 28 Answers ]

If a person is married and she has an affair with a married man and she get pregnant and refuse to put the married man she had an affair with on child support can she take out an abondonment warrant out on him."

How a married woman can be with a single man? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a married woman, and I like my husband but I am not full happy he is so nice and it's a but 10 years that we have problem in sex. He can do that. But I don't want to leave him for this reason.I know he love me so much. Last year one of my friend was falling in love with me but I don't trust...

View more questions Search