Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessetran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Can a man say "I love you" to someone he doesn't love?
    I found my boyfriend (we've been together for 4 years)messaging with a girl on Facebook saying that he loves her, and she said and posted a lot of sweet things on her wall. I talked to him about this. He said it's just for fun, he has no feeling with her at all. I really trust him when he explained to me and promised that he will no talk so sweet with that girl any more. He said he loves me and swore that he ever and never cheat me. However, I found him still chatting with that girl and she still calls him "honey".
    Am I so naïve to trust him? Does man like to have fun like that? Please help me to get over this. I'm so tired of being hurt and jealous every time he's online with his phone.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Sometimes people will say anything if it is the way to get what they want.

It sure sounds to me like that's what your boyfriend is doing with you... Telling you what you want to hear in the moment to appease you.

His actions are telling you what you need to know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Dump the lying cheating b@stard!!
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 29, 2011, 09:35 AM
    I have had this exact problem before.
    My boyfriend used to chat to girls on dating websites and it would annoy me, but at the end of the day I knew it was innocent and that he would never physically cheat on me.
    However, it came to a point when there was one particular girl who he grew close to, and whilst he still didn't physically cheat on me, he became emotionally attached to this other girl and started confiding in her more than me, which is where I had to draw the line.
    If you trust your boyfriend and know he wouldn't cheat on you, then it's all down to opinion. If you don't mind him chatting because you know it won't go any further, then there's no reason why you should stop him. However, if you feel he's crossed a line you need to make your feelings known. At the end of the day, you've been together for four years, and if he isn't willing to stop messaging a girl on Facebook for you, then he isn't really the right guy for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Gay man in love with married man [ 3 Answers ]

About three yrs ago I met a guy on a gay website... he had sent he a note and we met... although I thought I was totally out of his league... and thought that I would never see him again for some reason he continued to visit me often... it was always oral sex me giving him receiving... and there...

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

View more questions Search