Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    columbia76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
    TV Movie from 1980
    There was a TV movie from sometime in the 1980's. It was about a boy who was kidnapped from outside his home as a little boy, while his mother was right inside. He was later sold to another family, I guess on the black market. He then was raised by this other family, and he had some contact with his birth family, but he had no idea that he was indeed the boy that was kidnapped. It was not until the end of the film that he realizes what happened when he was a baby, and goes to visit his birth parents, and they all know who he really is. I think it was on Christmas that this happened.

Anyway, I thought that Chad Allen was the boy in the film, but I can't find that listed on IMDB or his website.

Does anyone have a clue what this movie was called? I believe it was a TV movie only.

Thanks.
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Feb 1, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Was it called the Kisseeme place or something like that?
    jyaskingq Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by columbia76
    There was a tv movie from sometime in the 1980's. It was about a boy who was kidnapped from outside his home as a little boy, while his mother was right inside. He was later sold to another family, I guess on the black market. He then was raised by this other family, and he had some contact with his birth family, but he had no idea that he was indeed the boy that was kidnapped. It was not until the end of the film that he realizes what happened when he was a baby, and goes to visit his birth parents, and they all know who he really is. I think it was on Christmas that this happened.

Anyway, I thought that Chad Allen was the boy in the film, but I can't find that listed on IMDB or his website.

Does anyone have a clue what this movie was called? I believe it was a tv movie only.

Thanks.
    I remember a movie similar to what you`re looking for called "I think my name was Johnny" about a boy who was kidnapped and raised by his kid napper who let the kid do whatever he wanted so the kid didn`t want to leave. I`m not sure if he realized he was kidnapped but I think what happened was he started seeing things on the news about a boy being kidnapped and he thought it might be him and so he returned to his birth family around the age of 18, which is a long time for him to be away. They movie you`re trying to find might be something different but it does seem a lot like the movie I remember.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Well, LunarBlue may have been close... this movie could be The Kissing Place.
    euterpe19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2010, 01:43 AM
    Did you ever find out what this movie was? If it's the same one, it's been bothering me for years. I think he plays basketball with his biological brother and asks questions about himself. Then he spends Christmas with his biological family and leaves them a gift with his real name on it under the tree. He goes back to his adoptive family before they wake up.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 12:18 PM

Patty Duke starred in a movie exactly like this, but I don't remember the name of it.
    NextWindowPlz Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2010, 01:05 PM
    It sounds like The Deep End of the Ocean but that was made in 1999 with Michelle Pfeiffer and Treat Williams. The son does play basketball with his real brother and asks questions about himself.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120646/
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 01:36 PM

The Patty Duke film is called Always Remember I Love You. Sounds like it's what the op is looking for.
    euterpe19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2010, 02:01 PM
    Hi, I just read the synopsis on Always Remember I Love You, and it sounds exactly like the movie I'm talking about! Thanks so much for your help! I've seriously been trying to remember this for at least 10 years. I have an older sister whose memory is pretty useless, so this was my only shot! Now all I have to do is go out there and find it. Thanks, again!
    butonae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Atlast, I found it! Thank you Quinn F and euterpe19! I have been searching for this movie for many years, but without any luck. It seems nobody I ran it through has ever watched anything like that. I just thought I should give it another try today, and 'bingo'! Thank God for the internet! Now I can buy the movie for keeps. You guys are wonderful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

1980 sci fi movie black masked robots [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I remember this movie or TV show when I was a kid. Its about a young boy and a short black masked robot that had a hole drilled in his face plate by a big black robot so they know his face "because all the robot look alike". The robot all have black faces and helmet on and black jump...

1980 Chevy P.you. Tailights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem truck. 1980 Chev pick up with tail light and brake light problems. The truck blows the running lights fuse and when it does work the left brake light and tail light go out if brakes are pressed. Tail lights work alone, brake lights work alone, turn signals work alone....

Need Help with 1980 Plymouth Gran Fury [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1980 Plymouth Gran Fury that I am trying to get to get fixed up to pass inspection and drive it. I have everything working except the windshield wipers. The connecting caps on the linkage arm that connects the wiper motor to the blade mechanism had become corroded and eventually tore...

Kswasaki 1980, 250cc, help with the carb. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1980 250 Kawasaki and whin I shot off the gas to shift is run at that speed (3000rpm) for a second before it drops down. HELP! I've cleand the carb and have 2 other ones and the other ones run a lettle ruff but don't do what this one does. This one is the smooths and would like to...

View more questions Search