Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lala647 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Need Opinion Please!
    Recently I noticed that the guy I have been dating on and off for 4 years (we are together again) is no longer friends with his ex and her brother on Facebook. After that happened, he has been acting a bit distant with me, when I asked him if he is OK he said he just needs space, which I have been giving him because I don't want to make things worse. He's known her for 9 years, and the two times he went back to her it never worked out, but she was the one that dumped him, and then chased him all the time. Since he has been distant, its making me think if she was the one that deleted him to get his attention? Or maybe he finally had the energy to delete her? I need someone's opinion because I care for him, but at the same time I do not want to get hurt again? Is it good that she is no longer on his FB?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 17, 2011, 08:07 AM

There's no way for us to find out what's really going on. But either way, regardless of who deleted who, he has a lot of baggage.

Until he can sort things out in his mind, it's best to keep some distance from him. What you can do is let him know how you feel and leave the ball on his side of the court.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Hi... I think you need to give him his space,if only to sort his head out.The more you go on at him asking this and that the more annoyed he will become,in the end this will probably lead to the two of you having some meaningless argument.
    Just tell him how much you care for him and that you'll give him some space for a while,let him know that your there for him if he wants to talk or even a shoulder to cry on,but for now you'll go away and wait for him to contact you.
    I know this will be really hard for you but if you want to keep him you have to let him breath a bit.I'm sure by leaving him alone for a while without any pressure he will come back to you and your relationship will be all the more stronger for it.That also means don't hassle him with constant text messages...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2011, 09:21 AM
    I can see where you would be worried, as his relationship with her, is like yours with him, OFF, and ON.

He asked for space, give him what he asked for. Maybe he realizes that he is finally through with her. I don't know, but I strongly advise you to focus on your relationship with him and leave the other one alone.

You have enough concern to deal with YOUR off, and ON relationship, but it does seem to be a pattern here that you should pay careful attention to.

OFF/ON for 4 years?? Come on what makes this time the miracle, FOREVER??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In need of your opinion [ 27 Answers ]

So here is the thing. I really like this guy that I have been knowing a good while. He knows how I feel about him and all that stuff. But the only thing is that he doesn't want a relationship right now, in which I respect that. He hasn't said that he don't like me he just doesn't want a...

I just want an opinion on this; [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriends friend is kind of a "loose" character and apparently doesn't like me very much. You see my gf's friend goes to her camp ground every weekend and I have been told there are a lot of "cute/ hot" guys at the camp ground. My girlfriend is going to go up with her to the campground most...

I need your opinion [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing my ninth grade debate and I need your feedback on this How is god alive in society if there is evil world hunger and parentless children in the world

I need an opinion [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to find pictures/detailed informations about stds because I need it for health class and I don't know where to find it the health book only states the obvious

View more questions Search