Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 01:43 PM
    How to run lines on furring strip block wall.
    Hi there. What materials do you use to run new lines, (new construction) on a block wall that will be furred out? For example, how do you secure the lines, what size boxes, etc.

Will be running a few outlets and swiches. Will I have overfill violations by going box to box? They will have to be shallow boxes to accommodate 3/4" furring strip plus 1/2 sheet rock. Thanks for any help!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Assuming your using Romex cable and assuming the wall is concrete, then see the photo of a RACO box #405, a midget cable strap, and a box extension. The box is only for a 1/4" finish, so a box extension is needed.

With these boxes all you can fit is one two wire cable and a duplex receptacle or a switch. The wiring from each outlet box would need to be brought to a junction box and all spliced. Jumping from box to box is out of the question.

If the wall is hollow block then wherever a box is needed a deeper box could be used if the block could be knocked out to accept a standard box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to remove a glass block wall [ 5 Answers ]

we bought a condo that has a glass block wall, floor to ceiling, measuring 8.67' x 8.67'. Each block is an 8 " square, 3 " deep. There are a total of 169 blocks. What is the safest, cleanest method of removing it? See attached photo. Thanks Ron

Glass block shower wall [ 2 Answers ]

I had a free standing glass block shower wall installed using a block pattern that does not come with end cap blocks. Currently it has the very un-attractive PVC frame. What are my options for hiding this to enhance the beauty of the glass blocks? There does not seem to be any options with the...

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

Mold on outside cinder block wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have black mold growing on my outside cinder block wall sourendering my back yard. I live in Las Vegas so the climate is dry but watering the lawns is causing the mold to grow since we have to water in the evenings so the water does evaporate so fast due to the hot climate. How do I remove this...

Can I run Supply lines in outside wall [ 2 Answers ]

I live in NJ and am remodeling a bath. Can I run my supply lines to the shower in an outside wall? If so any recommendations or hints concerning this?

View more questions Search