Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbattista42389
    and its not illegal that im going into bars and clubs because its a texas law!
    Excuse me? According to this:
    Legal Drinking Age

The legal drinking age for Texas (and the whole US) is 21! So either you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying.

And no, I don't think I am so "high and mighty", but I do have the benefit of life experience that you lack. That's part of the purpose of this site, to share our life experiences.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 07:44 AM
    I got married at 22, my husband was a month away from 25. We have been married for over 11 years now. Have I ever thought I was to young - no.
    But, I can tell you that I am not the same person as I was then. I have grown and matured.
    I keep a journal and I have since I was 17. I, on occasion, look at what I wrote about back then. And sometimes - I think - what the heck was I thinking? They don't even make Bad soap operas about the things I would write. I just am not that person anymore. What seemed so important at that time in my life - doesn't even make it to the top 10 now.
    I believe that what is meant to be will be. If you are supposed to be together and have an undying love one another - what is the harm in waiting? If at 18 you still want to be married - then fine - I would still wait though. What is wrong with being single? What is wrong with figuring out who you are?
    Even now, I sometimes forget who I am. I know I am a wife and mother - but beyond that - who am I? As an individual?
    Getting married now - you will lose yourself - more so because you don't really know who you are yet.
    Sbattista42389 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Excuse me? According to this:
    Legal Drinking Age

the legal drinking age for Texas (and the whole US) is 21! So either you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying.

And no, I don't think I am so "high and mighty", but I do have the benefit of life experience that you lack. That's part of the purpose of this site, to share our life experiences.
    maybe you are older and more mature... but I do go and drink and it's a law here! Almost every bar I've been too lets me in unless they don't know what they are talking about. I have LOTS of pictures from those nights! Just because you copy and paste something from the internet or read something doesn't mean its right! But you should know that! Ive already looked over that site when we were trying to find the law but finally we just called a random bar and asked and they said that as long as ai had my husband with me it would be fine. Sorry I called you high and mighty! I didn't look at it from your perspective!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
    The sites I linked to state what the law is. Any bars that let you in at 16, especially if they serve you liquor are violating the law. There is NO question about that.

Yes, you can't believe everything you see on the Net, but this is verified by several sites. I'm not saying that you aren't getting in, but any bars that let you in ARE breaking the law. It is NOT the law ANY place in the US. They may be thinking that having your husband with you makes him responsible not them. But its still a violation of the law.

Believe me I do wish you well and hope you prove me wrong. But I've seen too much in my years to believe that you will buck the odds.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 03:30 PM
    It is illegal in the state of Texas to serve or sell alcohol to anyone under 21. That's the law and your b/f can be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A bar can lose its license to sell alcohol. Get your facts straight before you cost some one their freedom.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 19, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Hey all, as a former bar maid... I know of NO state that does not have a minimum age of 21 to drink legally. At 15, 16, or 17, all minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Otherwise, the law is being broken and the bar could lose its liquor license. How certain states define a guardian is not in my handbook.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Not to make excuses for any one, but here in the great state of Texas some of our more rural bars are nothing more than a barn run by the locals. Watering hole comes to mind in describing them, and the law is..?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Not to make excuses for any one, but here in the great state of Texas some of our more rural bars are nothing more than a barn run by the locals. Watering hole comes to mind in describing them, and the law is ....................??
    I guess it's the same law as that older guy that buys beer/rum for the minors at the 7-11.
    brittany_razorblade Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brandylee
    i am 15 years old and i have a boyfriend who is 21 years old. can he get in trouble if we try to get married?( i have a baby)
    Fist off I'm not trying to be rude I'm just a little bit older then you so I kind of understand the whole love thing because I'm engaged.
    But I think you should wait until your older and get your life worked out.
    That's what I'm planing on doing because I don't want to be married to a guy I find out later on down the line is a .
    Your still young live your life.
    You don't want to be burdend with a husband when you want to go to the clubs and flirt?
    I don't know I just don't Texas law will let you get married with out parental signature and if your parents don't approve of this boyfriend you do understand they can put him in jail right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested for Underage drinking! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I was arrested for underage drinking... I was trying to run away from home... this is the first time I have evr gotten in any trouble with the law... they did not read my my rights or do a breathalizer test to see how drunk I was... they went off what someone else said... what I need to know...

My underage Girl-Friend Is pregnet [ 4 Answers ]

My underage girl friend is Pregnet. I am 18 years old. Who will get custody of the Child when its born. I cannot because I am in the Armed Forces. So Will her or her mother get custody

Dating underage [ 3 Answers ]

Can a 18 yr old date a 15 yr old in GA? :mad:

Underage Consumption Citation [ 5 Answers ]

I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been...

View more questions Search