Aug 15, 2011, 08:11 PM
    Teaching or Nursing?
    Is teaching or nursing a better job?
    Tori89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
    Both are good but nursing is better!
    mandy093 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Why is nursing better? I have always wanted to be a teacher and now that I'm entering college my family is pushing me towards nursing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 08:23 PM

It depends on what you are good at. I'm a nurse, but I couldn't be a teacher. I have plenty of friends and family that are teachers but couldn't be nurses.

Now, nurses for the most part, get paid more than teachers. But, if you aren't happy with your profession, the pay is worthless.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2011, 04:44 AM

There is no such thing as a "better job"

There are jobs you like, people who love to be teachers would not consider normally doing anything else.

People who love being nurses do so for that reason

If you look just at money, nurses often get better pay
    But nurses will also have to work nights, evenings and worst hours. Sometime longer hours, a nurse can not just leave at quiting time, if there is not another nurse to relieve them. You may have yourself required to work a double shift, no matter what you have planned personally.

So there is no such thing as better, if you want to know is it better hours, is it better pay, is it more job security,]\\
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2011, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    But nurses will also have to work nights, evenings and worst hours. Sometime longer hours, a nurse can not just leave at quiting time, if there is not another nurse to relieve them. You may have yourself required to work a double shift, no matter what you have planned personally.
    Preach it Brother!

Amen to what Fr. Chuck has said. I have a family with young children. I work from 7 at night to 7 in the morning. I'm lucky to get off at 7am sometimes. There are days that I am there 16 or 17 hours. I miss out on a lot of things at home because of my work schedule.

However, I do make enough money for my husband to stay at home and take care of the kids and the house. He doesn't have to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risk for going to a nursing home.. And I need a nursing diagnosis. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing my assessment on my patient. It is broken up into sections and in the discharge planning section I am stuck on what to put. She is 62 and has had 2 strokes and her family is starting to struggle to take care of her. Her husband said that he fears a nursing home is in her near future....

Nursing care plan with priority nursing dx [ 1 Answers ]

I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient....

Teaching vs. Nursing [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what is involved in becoming a nurse or a teacher. I have always wanted to be a teacher but everyone seems to be trying to drscourage me, saying there are no jobs for teachers in this state (mi) and that with the nclb law it's a lot different. ...

Nursing versus Teaching? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently a teacher working in the elementary grades. I'm also single and in my forties. I made a career change a few years ago, so I haven't been in teaching more than five years. I really enjoy teaching and especially working with third graders. I can honestly say it's rewarding. ...

View more questions Search