Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motorkidd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 12:24 PM
    New dishwasher, now very low pressure on kitchen faucet
    Hello...
    I am hoping someone can help me. We installed a brand new dishwasher last week and now the kitchen faucet barely has any water pressure. It started fine, then we thought we heard a slight "klunk" a couple days later, and now there is barely any water pressure. The faucets in the bathroom work just fine. The pressure was excellent with the old dishwasher in place. What could we have done wrong to cause this?
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Aug 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
    It sounds like you have sediment blocking your faucet, it could be trapped in the sediment screen at the end of your faucet spout or trapped in the faucet valve itself, you didn't do anything wrong to cause this, just repacing the dishwasher line could have loosend some sediment build up in your pipes causing the problem. I would first check the sediment screen on the end of the faucet, and if that isn't the problem, shut off your supply and remove your valve assembly and clean it, this should solve your problem. Or if your faucet is a little out of date you could always use this as a reason to update your faucet.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 12:58 PM

Question: where is the water supply for DW connected to ?

For now, remove and clean your aerator. See if it helps. Back to you. Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2011, 03:27 PM

I agree with Milo and Lilpoppa it sounds like you have sediment in your faucet and maybe just in screen of the Aerator see the image below remove it, try it without the aerator and see how is the flow, if it is good clean the screen and install, if not you tell us what is the brand and the model number of you faucet and we will tell you what the next step which will require to remove the cartridge or stem depends on your faucet, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low pressure from kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure in the kitchen faucet is very low (both hot & cold & sprayer). Already checked and cleaned the strainer. Also there is a small leak at the faucet base and a drip under the sink when running the water. ??

New kitchen faucet has very low pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new delta kitchen faucet and the water pressure is very very low. I cleaned out the strainer in the head twice and found many small black bits. The faucet has a spray feature which seems to work OK, just the regular water flow is the problem. Is there a washer that I can remove that...

Kitchen faucet pressure low [ 3 Answers ]

I hope you can help me. My kitchen faucet has changed water pressure recently and it happens just a few times each day. The kitchen faucet pressure is low and then my sprayer( which has never worked) works great! It's really strange. I have a PUR water filter on the faucet, but we've had them...

Low pressure from kitchen faucet [ 5 Answers ]

We had a handy man come in to snake out our sink because it wasn't draining. Since he did this, we had problems with super low water pressure in the kitchen sink. My husband is handy, so he figured it was the faucet that was clogged. We bought a brand new faucet and installed it and STILL no...

View more questions Search