Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drniks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Is it possible to get married in a church, being a hindu?
    Hi.. im a hindu girl... wana get married to a christian boy(orthodox)... shld I get converted... if you wld ask me,I'm happy the way I am... dnt wnt him to change too... luved him the way he is... our parents are totally against... his parents want me to get converted... my parents don't want me to... my parents are fine with me getting married in a church.. bt no conversion... is it possible... plzzzz help!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 07:02 AM

Have you talked with the boy's minister about this?

Would you want a Hindu ceremony too?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2011, 07:21 AM
    In many Christian churches it depends on the minister or priest. So you both go and ask at the church you would like to marry in.
    As for parents, you and he need to decide now how much you are each willing to do what they want. If you don't, your relationship will suffer now and after marriage. Telling parents that you are adults and making your own decisions can mean that you won't have anyone to pay for the wedding. Your choice. They often change their minds as the years go by.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 10:29 AM

There is not one "Orthodox" faith, there are several, so it can depend on which one you are talking about, the few I know often do not do mixed marriages, so you and the boy will need to go see the priest and talk to them. Often they may do the wedding but not at the alter.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 15, 2013, 06:02 AM
    Get civil marriage done and do wedding outside church with christine wedding, remember genelia-ritesh wedding, they done both types, christine wedding done outside church some resort etc. he did not converted, so you don't have to. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it necessary for a Hindu to be baptized before getting married in a RC Church? [ 3 Answers ]

My son is in love with a RC girl and the pressure is tremendous. The father of the girl is especially stubborn. We are flexible hindus and have our son's happiness in mind. He does not want to convert and the girl's father says it is not possible to have a church wedding without a baptism and the...

If a guy marry's a hindu girl will he be allowed to get into a church [ 15 Answers ]

I am a hindu girl,If I do a register marriage with my boy friend who is a christian,will he or his parents be allowed inside the church. I am a hindu girl and my boy friend is christian,we belong to the same state in India.My parents have agreed for our marriage but his parents wants me to get...

Not a member of a church but want to be married in church [ 8 Answers ]

Neither my fiancé or myself are members of a church, however we want to be married in a church. We live in Whitehall, PA and are wondering if anyone knows of a church that would marry us without having to join.

Can a Hindu girl marry a Christian without getting converted in a church? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I know that this is going to be a little long question. But I want get all my doubts clarified ASAP. Plzzzzzz help! I am a Hindu girl and I'm planning to marry a christian guy. After years of struggle, we have finally convinced our parents and they are now ready to c us married. The main...

View more questions Search