Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueskys00 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
    I want to open a senior independent home for 6 to 7 guests.
    How can I raise capital to build a home that will offer housing in a private home like setting. My guests will be 60 and older.
    I have built a number of homes before, have a degree in art and have an eye for good home design.
    This home will also house my 89 year old mother.
    Each person will have their own studio of nearly 300 sq. ft. with private bath, include 2 gourmet meals per day in a gracious manner with top notch chef.
    We will have an indoor pool ( I already own such a pool) and also have a small green house with organic gardener keeping the garden and also a grounds keeper. House keepers will clean each studio each week and the courtyard will enchant our guests and residence.
    I have 75% of the money I will need in cahs but want each guest to contribute to the building fund. Perhaps $3,000.00 to $45,000.00 would really inable me to make this happen.
    All utilities are paid by me and I include a 5 night Caribbean cruise with the other guests each year after they have paid for 12 months lodging. Rents will be in the range of $1750.00 for the 1 shared bedroom with bath and the others will be charged between $2,400.00 and $2,850.00 per mo.
    In my area independent living homes that house 100 guests are all full so I know there is a need.
    Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
    This home will be in the Athens Ga. Area, one of the premiere place to retire in many retirement books.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 10:37 AM

You write up a great business plan, and present it to several of the small to mid size banks in your area to get a loan.

Or you present the business plan to wealthy people you may know who will invest for partial ownership of the business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grant for home repairs for senior citizens [ 6 Answers ]

Our home is in need of repairs and we do not have the money to fix it, are there any grants out there for seniors for home repairs?

Home repairs for senior citizens? [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I had purchased this home about a year ago... not realizing that it had so many problems some of them were discovered in the home inspection.. and others are showing up now... and the cost of trying to get these things done are way out of my ball park... This is my first...

Grants for senior citizens home repairs [ 5 Answers ]

My mom is 84 yrs old and only receives social security-she has been having water leaking into her basment for years. We would dry it up and wait for the next rainfall. It has gotten so bad that she now has mold spores and the tile on the floor has broken to pieces. It's affecting her health because...

Need help with financial aide for senior home repair. [ 0 Answers ]

My aunt is in her 70's , has a beautiful home in Flushing MI. is on a fixed income and found that she has a black mold problem. She is on a fixed income and the estimated cost of repairs is $10,000. She has had multiple open heart surgerys and just didn't expect to live this long. She has always...

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

View more questions Search