Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Court001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 03:40 PM
    What do I do with having a gift of knowing things before they happen?
    I have been struggling with what to do. I need to understand myself also. Its not always a blessing to know info. esp. if it will cause harm in the end. Do I need to keep info. To myself? Because I have lost a couple people in my life after I told them of things that had already happened, that I shouldn't have known, and things that were going to happen before they happened. I don't know how I know things I just do. I think people of scared of me thinking that Im crazy! And when Im correct they either cause me problems or drop out of my life. What do I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2011, 04:03 PM

You need to use discretion in telling or not telling someone about the future. If it is something bad, by all means tell the person as this could possibly save their life or keep them from getting as injured.

If your friends drop you if you tell them to avoid something, so be it. They were not your real friends anyway but just pretend friends.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 14, 2011, 05:09 PM
    How old are you and when did you notice this gift?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 06:28 PM

The issue is, that you for some reason feel you must tell people, That is seldom the case, It may allow you to interact with them in ways to help the future or change it, Future is not a straight line and futures can change by the actions of others

Aug 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
    Be aware there is only one being that knows the future, as He dwells there as much as He does the past and present. Don't assume an ability is a gift. You need to be aware of the source of this thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 06:58 PM

And even a gift, if not used correctly can be a curse. I could give my 10 year old a new gun, but if I don't take time and teach him how to safely use it, he could hurt others or his self.

I have been allowed to see or have some knowledge of the future, once I knew a person was going to die soon. So I preached what I think the best salvation sermon of my life that day ( it came to me during a church service) she passed away before the next week.

Another time a lady saw that I would be in danger in a certain house, she had a set of numbers, color of the home and the street name. She said the person had a knife hid under the cushion of the chair.

Well I had forgotten it and six months latter, yep, that street, the same numbers but in opposite order.
    Well wish they saw a little better, it was a gun, not a knife. But she was wrong, they did not want to hurt me, she merely saw them with a weapon out and pointing it at me.

They were planning on killing themselves, and I had to talk the gun away from them. So had I just listened, to the idea they were going to hurt me, I may have acted wrong.

Also not all visions are always just what they appear
    SassyLittlePunk Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2011, 07:14 AM
    It can be a blessing and a curse... just like beauty or riches can be.
    If you sense things--then you sense them! And there isn't much you can do about it.
    I wouldn't encourage the "gift" by practicing any kind of psychic games or anything.
    It is what it is... sometimes you know stuff.
    Since not everyone has this--folks could REALLY be put off by it if you were to talk about it.
    People have thought that I am a witch! I'm totally NOT. Sheesh--I'm a Christian. BUT, I know things.
    I've talked with my Minister about it and I have advised you the same way he did me--it is what it is, you can't help it, don't try and encourage or develop it.
    The trouble I have is hearing people think--
    Some folks think very loudly... stuff I don't want to know! Ugh.
    If there is something REALLY pressing on your mind and you feel compelled to tell someone, then do... but again, it's risky--as you've already experienced. One doesn't necessarily know the SOURCE... so these thoughts cannot always be trusted. Don't know if this was helpful--hope it is. Be well! :D
    SassyLittlePunk Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2011, 07:53 AM
    On a lighter note--my 2 adult daughters have it too (and my 4 year old granddaughter) sometimes we answer eachother's questions before the other has had a chance to ask. That's kind of fun when it happens. Other times we might say something about what the other is thinking and we tell each other "Do you mind?! Get OUT of my head!"...
    I usually say--"stop thinking so loudly!" :D

Aug 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Fr_Chuck... sounds like the gift of the word of wisdom that was in operation for you to preach that sermon. And that is the type of thing we should expect if these feelings and senses are from God. It is not going to be random knowledge of the future... harmless as it seems.
    Julz10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 07:07 AM
    I know how you feel but my gift is different. I had mine about 6 months now. I only told a handful of people. Even though spiritualism is out in the open, I still feel that I need to keep this to myself. The hardest part is not having anyone to talk to about my experiences and confide in. Even though I feel blessed at times, it has it's rough spots. I am so sorry about the way you are being treated.

Aug 24, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Julz, how does your "gift" differ?
    Julz10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2011, 08:53 AM
    My gift differs cause I can feel spirits. I have seen and hear some but almost all the time I can feel them around me. The most hard thing is feeling their physical pain. I first found out I have this gift when I use to have this little girl spirit who use to sleep with me. I would literally feel my bed move and her lay down next to me. And she was as warm as we are. I had a paranormal team come & get evps and orbs of the girl and another guy named Mikey. Since then I've been like a spirit magnet. I was taught how to do spirit releases to the ones that want to move on. I wouldn't believe it myself but my husband and kids feel them around too. I just feel sometimes God needs a helping hand from us here.

Aug 25, 2011, 01:19 PM
    What sort of God would He be if He needed our help to do His job? Sorry, I believe that is a slap across God's face and don't buy into it.
    Helena88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Same problem here... I've had It for all my life and always thought it was quite normal! Some time back I saw a big change coming in my own and one of my friends life, and we are in that change now, with some preparation time!

I like this gift though, it's not a curse! What I do is keep it to myself and then help people in little ways I know that would help them! That way you don't scare them and you can be the best friend ever! For knowing what everyone needs and feels. Don't forget yourself in the process (I always do that) because it is so fun watching it come to life and seeing you can help people be happy!
    I can tell what people, think, feel, want, need and what they are going to do in situations. I just ask the question, for example; 'How does this person feel about me' (Most of the time I already know because I feel it, but if I don't, which happens when my emotions are very strong by being in love or really scared or mad, I need to ask to get an answer) and images in rows and words fly trough my head, sometimes images from situations where that person was very clear about their feelings towards me, or things they said to me. But also images of that person talking to some other person about me, or seeing images of what they thought. Sometimes it's not very clear at the time but then it makes sense later.

What I do when I need an answer is this: Take breath in for 3 seconds and exhale for 9 seconds, and in those 9 seconds when you slowly exhale and let your mind be filled with whatever it needs to show you, do not resist in any way or interfere with the thoughts you are having! And do not question them! Whatever the universe wants you to know I'll show you, and don't forget! YOU are the universe... so you answer your own questions!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams actually knowing what will happen in real life? [ 12 Answers ]

So the other day I had this dream. It was about my sister and she had fallen down the stairs and sprained her ankle, and had to go to the ER. Well when I woke up an hour or two later and I went downstairs my dad told me my sister fell down the stairs and broke her ankle and he had to go to the ER...

Knowing things will happen before they do. Knowing the truth about a person good/bad. [ 3 Answers ]

I have this ability of seeing things good/bad before they happen. I can read a person without ever knowing the person. I get these feelings good or bad with in a very few minutes. Im very good at knowing someone better than they may know themselves. Even at meeting this person for the first time. ...

Six year relationship , not knowing what will happen [ 3 Answers ]

So how do I actually start... I am a twenty one year old femal been in a relationship for six years with a guy of 26 he is my first love and I can't see my life without him . These days are a bit difficult as I have taken a opportunity to come to the usa for a year , I am from another country...

Seeing things before they happen [ 2 Answers ]

As a child I would have dreams or vision of things to come,my brother having a car accident,the car coming home on a flatbed,my dads death,things of that sort.I was about 3 yrs.old when it first happened,over the years it has happened few and far between,but it still happens only now its not...

Internet clients knowing where to put things [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to setup when a user downloads something the internet client looks at the extension and opens the right folder it is I want it to go in? After I setup the settings of what I need to use or change.

View more questions Search