Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused in SC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying
    Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have been paying $50 a month to keep from going to collections.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 05:24 PM

Read the policy as to what it will or will not pay as a secondary payer, if they were to pay more, you sue them for the amount they were to pay.

What is your co/pay with that company, for example, my health insurance has a 5000 deductable, so I have to pay the first 5000 before they pay a penny

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health insurance policy which covers pre-existing disease-Kidney malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am suffering from Kidney problem. 90% of my kidneys are not functioning. Presently I don't have any Health insurance policy. Can any one tell me the information about the Health insurance policy, which covers the Pre-existing diseases. It would very helpful for me.

Surgery for a hydrocele with no health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend does not have health insurance any longer. He has had a hydrocele for over a year now. He has gotten it drained several times at the Doctor's office but it just fills right back up after a short period. It needs to be surgically repaired. We do not know where to turn next. We do not...

Health insurance - will current employer cover surgery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This question may seem silly, but I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I am going to have surgery to repair a torn acl. The surgery is probably going to occur on July 18th. My final day of employment at my current job could be July 27th. I am assuming that my...

View more questions Search