Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymous11 Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Aug 13, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Do I look much older?
    I am older than my boyfriend and often wonder if I look that much older than him. It's an area that I feel most insecure about. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.

>photo and personal info removed for Internet safety/T<
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 04:29 PM

I think the two of you make a very beautiful couple. No, you don't look older. Actually, in one of the pics he looks older than you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 04:30 PM

Who cares? And no, you don't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 04:40 PM

I did not look at the photos, since what I think does not matter, the issue here is , that it is bothering you. But why, as adults ( not 13 year olds) it is the emotional relationship as our love grows that makes us a couple, does not matter if he really looks 1/2 your age, Looks mean nothing, age means nothing.

Aug 13, 2011, 05:12 PM
    Thank you for the all the input thus far. I know I shouldn't be but people around us aren't always so kind. I think that comments here and there is what has caused my insecurities.
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 05:15 PM

So people around you are not always kind, that is their issues. Not really your issue unless you claim it. If it was not that, it may be weight, or height or something, if you want to be insecure you can find a reason to be.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 05:29 PM

And who are these "people"? You're what? 20? 21? If this is all you're worried about -- what some people think about your age, count your blessings. Check back with me when you're 42 or 65 or even 81.

Aug 13, 2011, 05:54 PM
    How about I check back with you Wondergirl when I'm 31, which is what I am! Lol
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And who are these "people"? You're what? 20? 21? If this is all you're worried about -- what some people think about your age, count your blessings. Check back with me when you're 42 or 65 or even 81.
    Hi. I'm 81 and I'm dating a 17-year-old. My parents say she's too young for me. I still live at home, so Mom and Dad set the rules, but what do you think?

Wondering in Walla Walla.
    annabear Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
    He looks a little older than you! So don't be worried :)
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 03:37 AM
    Who cares?

Oh, yeah you.

Aug 14, 2011, 04:17 AM
    Thanks for your nonanswer! :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 04:31 AM
    Stop baiting, You already know the answer.

I guess what I meant to say was:

How do you think you look? Doesn't sound good.

That's the prob.

If you think you aren't good enough, then well...

Fix it.

Maybe consider your standards.

Aug 14, 2011, 06:12 AM
    If you read my messages, you would realize that I said I'm older than him, and I also admit that this my insecurity. I ask for people's opinions because I am seeking validation. I am aware that is my weakness. And no, I don't know the answer, otherwise I would not be here. You honestly NEVER wonder what people think of you?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2011, 06:40 AM

It doesn't matter what people say,what matters is how you feel about each other-if you are happy,all is good.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 07:09 AM

I think the two of you look cute together and I wouldn't worry about what people think. People will talk about any to everything. They might like what you have on, or the make-up your wearing, etc etc. If the two of you are out and if you see someone looking grab him closer to you and smile and carry on.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Nope
    Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 10:46 AM

No, who cares what others think, some people will not like you because you are a women, some will not like you because of your religious or non religious belief, some will not like you because you are black or white or mixed.
    Some people will think you are too tall or too short or have too big teeth, and so on.

If you worry about what people think, then you will spend years in plactic surgery.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 11:12 AM

I have not and will not look at your picture because I think commenting on it will only increase your need for outside validation.

If you are looking for validation in your relationship from other people, then there are bigger issues in your relationship than the age difference. Do you need a relative, friend or stranger to tell you if you want to be with this person?

Does your boyfriend know how insecure you are about being seen with him? If so, how does that make him feel?

Aug 14, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Cat1864 thank you for your insight. I will work on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to look older [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any ways whether its certain specific clothes or a certain style of applying makeup and such to make yourself look older?

Marry older man?just a little older! [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: someone keep telling me that it is good for a girl marries a man who is a little older than her! Cause older man knows more how to take care of others,how to respect others... but for young men,what they care about is themselves only!Is that true?I was thinking about that for many...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

Beauty when I'm older [ 19 Answers ]

Will I be beautiful when I'm older ?

View more questions Search