Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBRIGHAM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
    White fuzzy bug with 6 legs??
    I live in Michigan and I was sweeping my kitchen floor and found this small bug. The bug looked like it was covered in baby powder and had antennas! With only six legs it is not a spider but looks a lot like one! WHAT IS IT??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 12:47 PM

Include a picture and someone here may be able to tell you what it is. We do have a spider expert.

Tick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2011, 12:49 PM
    I'd say mealy bug if it had more than 6 legs.
    BBRIGHAM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 12:55 PM
    I do not have any pics of this bug... I set it free to the outdoors! But It looks very much like a spider a very small spider!
    SassyLittlePunk Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2011, 01:13 PM
    Maybe a silverfish? Was the hind end tapered?
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyLittlePunk View Post
    maybe a silverfish? was the hind end tapered?
    Silverfish don't have antennae, Sassy.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2011, 02:07 PM
    So maybe it was a plain old little brown spider who crawled out of some flour - how would we know without a picture?
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    So maybe it was a plain old little brown spider who crawled out of some flour - how would we know without a picture?
    Spiders that have just come 'out', are white; but they don't have antenna. If you keep your kitchen clean, then you won't see any bugs other than the occasional earwig, and I haven't seen a lot of them this spring and summer. Spiders have been prevalent for the last few years, but they can be kept under control.

Tick
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 07:12 PM
    It CAN'T be a spider unless someone (or something) removed 2 of it's legs. In order to be classed as a spider, it needs to have a certain few characteristics... one of them being that it must have 8 legs. Also, there is no spider with antenna of any sort.

I did a quick search and I may have found what you're looking for... Please let me know if this is it.

Masked Hunter Nymph

madbug Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
    /Users/mattnedbal/Desktop/DSC00325.JPG/Users/mattnedbal/Desktop/DSC00326.JPG

Jul 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
    [IMG]/Users/mattnedbal/Desktop/DSC00326.JPG[/IMG]

Jul 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
    http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/photog26/?action=view&current=DSC00325.jpg

I found this guy in my house covered in a white powder. I figure it is a bug virus.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
    It's the same one I posted last year in this thread. It's a Masked Hunter Nymph.
    kimkay43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 10:48 AM
    I found a bug in my closet that sounds like the same kind you found. I found it on a pair of pants that were dark and it left a white powdery substance on the pants. It has six legs and was covered in the powdery stuff. I should have kept it and had someone look at it but it creeped me out so I let it go outside... far away. Here are some pics.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkay43 View Post
    I found a bug in my closet that sounds like the same kind you found. I found it on a pair of pants that were dark and it left a white powdery substance on the pants. It has six legs and was covered in the powdery stuff. I should have kept it and had someone look at it but it creeped me out so I let it go outside.....far away. Here are some pics.
    Yes, yes... I can tell from your pictures that you posted that it clearly is a MASKED HUNTER NYMPH as I had ALREADY POSTED NUMEROUS TIMES.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have white red itchy bumps on my legs mainly.. They are all over my legs.. And lips [ 3 Answers ]

I have bumps all over my legs. They are itchy.. They are also in patches.. It started on my arm and it looked infected but it went away but now they are all over my legs... I also started getting redness under both my eyes.. My lips have bumps too.. My lips are not itchy though. My eyes are itchy...

The White, 6 legs, bug [ 4 Answers ]

Well I'm baby sitting and the kid I'm babysitting tell me that there is a white bug.. I have no clue what it is. Its maybe the size of a little aun.. maybe a tad bigger.. it has no wings.. long antenna's and it looks like it loves to climb. I have looked all over the internet to figure what...

White, fuzzy bug, 6 legs, antennes [ 4 Answers ]

I found a white, fuzzy bug with 6 legs and antennes in my house. What kind is it?

White, fuzzy mold in concrete [ 4 Answers ]

On the floor of my unfinished basement there are cracks and they seem to be growing something white and fuzzy, that I think is mold. Anyone know for sure what this is, and how to get rid of it? I tried dousing it with bleach, but its coming back after about a week.

View more questions Search