Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 02:20 AM
    could feel everything when tooth was extracted
    I went to the dentist with a pain in my tooth they said it needs removing, they did no x-rays or anything they gave my 2 injections started removing it and I could feel everything I screamed, passed out with pain and was rushed to hospital, I was later told I had an absess on tooth, someone told me the pain relief injections did not work because of the abcess is this correct??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 04:01 AM

Impacted teeth can cause many problems throughout the body; left to breed infection can cause heart attacks. The dentist probably noticed that the tooth and surrounding tissue were in pretty bad shape and didn't need to take X rays; he probably did you a big favour by removing it. As for the pain, you probably have a low threshold for pain, what I don't understand is why you had to go to emerg because of the pain. There has to be other reasons.

I don't know about the injections not working because of the abscess unless it was so widely spread. Unable to give you an answer not knowing all the variables in having your tooth extracted. Abscessed teeth are caused from neglect and poor hygiene.

tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2011, 05:16 AM
    It's true that if your tooth is infected anesthetic (freezing) doesn't work very well. An antibiotic is usually prescribed first to reduce the infection. If the dentist had taken an x-ray first he/she would have seen how badly the tooth was infected. It really worries me that no x-ray was taken. That is not normal procedure and I'd be questioning the competence of the dentist you saw!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 02:19 PM

yes, different people have different levels of ability to withstand pain, But if the tooth was so bad it was perhaps obvious that it needed to be removed.
    Also where you trying to save money, no insurance not able or want to pay for levels of treatment

But except for the x-ray not really any thing wrong, expert perhaps that you know now that you don't do well taking teeth out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get tooth crowned or extracted? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a molar which has been extensively filled, but recently cracked and is giving me pain. When I saw the dentist he did an x-ray and showed me that the decay is to the nerve. He told me that I could have an extraction or I would need root canal surgery and a crown. The dentist pushed me...

Can tooth problems make you feel high? [ 1 Answers ]

A cap fell off a tooth upper/right rear and the gum has closed up around it ,now my head feels like I am high with a headache ,is this a common symptom

Can cracked / abcessed tooth cause you to feel ill.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK, here's my question, I haven't felt great for a few months now, and coincidently, I wonder if it coincides with a tooth that as been playing up on and off for about the same time... quessiness, hot but not with temperature, bad taste in mouth, feeling of being run-down, I have a...

Blood clot with extracted tooth [ 2 Answers ]

How long does a blood clot last after having a tooth extracted?

Wisdom tooth only halfway extracted by dentist... is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had three wisdom teeth pulled. They came through the gum like molars, so I was told they were able to be pulled. I had x-rays, etc. before the procedure. My top two came out fine. My dentist told me that part of the root was still in my jaw, but would be OK. She then tried to pull out my...

View more questions Search