Ask
    thackin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2011, 06:09 PM
    My ceiling fan light come on from time to time all by it self
    It has a remote control
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2011, 07:51 PM

Mine does too. I leave the actual switch in the "on" position so I can use the remote only. Mine does it because someone close to me also has a remote on that same signal, so when they turn theirs on ours comes on too. You could try leaving the switch in the off position until you're ready to use the remote
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 09:14 AM

Remote employ radio waves to control the unit and there are only so many frequencies available that, at times, someone else may have the same frequency. Good news is you can change your frequency by changing the arrangement of the dip switches in the hand held and the receiver. If you want further info just let us know but tell us brand and model please.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2011, 02:48 PM

I've been too lazy to take my fan down and do that. LOL. I keep saying I will... and then I don't.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 07:19 PM

You do notneed to take the fan down to change the frequency. You open just the canopy and find the receiver dip switches, move all switches to O, or any combination you want other than what they are now. Then open the battery compartment of the hand held and make those switches match what you did in the receiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I went to trun on the bathroom fan---it didnit turn on and at the same time the light [ 2 Answers ]

I went to turn on the bathroom fan---it didn't turn on and at the same time the overhead light in the bedroom went out. There were no circuit breakers tripped. It appears that the bathroom light and fan, my overhead bedroom light, an outlet in the bedroom and the closet light are all involved...

What causes all my light bulbs in my ceiling fan to blow out at the same time [ 6 Answers ]

The lights in my ceiling fan is not working.but the fan is working, what could be the problem?

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Fan and light come on at the same time. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a remote control fan and light combination that has worked perfectly. The unit is wired to a wall switch. Now when I turn on the wall switch the fan comes on as well as the light. When I use the remote to try to turn the fan off I can hear the motor pause momentarily then continue to run....

View more questions Search