Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 12, 2011, 06:17 AM
    Shorting fuse or computer issues?
    Hi there, I have recently bought a new to me 2003 Hyundai Elantra. The previous owner ran the car while the fan belt was dead, so he blew the engine and the rad system. The mechanic I bought it from replaced it with a new(ish) motor and a brand new rad system. The car only had 102.000 KMS on it, and the new motor only has 99,000 KMS. Well the first two weeks the car was running fine, and then the power steering pump went, the mechanic took it back and repaired, showed me where the issue was no cost to me, no questions asked.

Fast forward another week and the check engine light comes on. I take it back, he hooks it up to the machine and says the CoX and 2 Co2 sensors came on, but he couldn't figure out why. He thought it was because they had gotten wet. (We had torrential down pours for 8 days straight). The engine wasn’t missing, or revving or anything weird, great gas mileage etc… so he greased them up and away I went.

Now I have noticed my stereo whether I am listening to a CD or the radio will sporadically change songs, fast forward or change stations. Sometimes the radio just rolls and rolls never landing on a station. Also as soon as I get in the car, the A/C automatically turns on. What could cause this?
    Dogs Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 05:49 AM
    Bump
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Bump back!
    There seems to me to be an issue with continuous battey power to accessories and stuff.
    Have the mechanic double check that all the grounds were reattached when the "newer" engine was installed.
    With so many things to remember, car's electrical systems are sensitive to radical fluctuations in battery voltage. If you have a redundant ground wire with a poor connection, whether due to being too loose or due to corrosion, you have a recipe for problems.
    If not, your car may require an electrical expert to hands-on diagnose the fault.
    ***btw: is the radio/cd player original equipment or is it after-market?***
    Dogs Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Thank you! I will have them look at the wiring as soon as I can. And yes it's the original stereo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace secondary fuse open fix after humidfier intstall - where is fuse? [ 0 Answers ]

Bryant 383KAV024070AGJA furnace not working after intall of Honnywell humidifier 360 (pered fan). Flashing LED 2-4 suggests "24 v secondary fuse open". How do I replace/reset fuse and how do I wire the Humidifier correctly this time?

5 mamp fuse keeps blowing, no issues with outside wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Had a storm today and came home to no power. Once power restored everything working except A/C. No power to thermostat; used this site to troubleshoot and found a 5 mamp fuse on airhandler had blown. Replaced fuse, air handler kicked on, blew fuse x2. Saw lots of recommendations on checking...

My computer has developed a few issues after running a Microsoft XP Repair [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Sorry if this is somewhere else on the site but I couldn't see anything. In short, my PC crashed and wouldn't restart windows but displayed an error screen and froze so I ran the Windows XP Repair using the installation CD. After going through the repair, the system froze on the screen...

FuSe keeps shorting [ 1 Answers ]

I have the 1998 acura 2.5 tl.. I have checked all fuses and relays. The have continuity and the relays click as long as my 20 amp fuse( controls the cruise control, ecu and ecm) under dash isn't blown. I did the k test on the map sensors and I get a 5.4 voltage range. The fuse only blows...

Location of the computer fuse on a 95 chevy s-10 [ 1 Answers ]

My OBDII keeps coming up with linking error and the book said to check the DLC fuse. Well I checked all the fuses in the fuse panel but no luck. Thought maybe it might be a inline or under the hood??

View more questions Search