Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanenos155 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2011, 05:21 AM
    Out of ideas.
    So I have been with my girlfriend for only 4 weeks, but I really like her, but even since she moved into the city, she has been really angry, sad, and snappy at me. She can not have kids she found out about a week ago, and she really wants one.

She lives with her two friends, and an ex, that gives her a hard time. There will soon be a baby in the house because her two friends are expecting a baby. It feels like she doesn't want to see me anymore but she says that she does. I know that she lies about dumb little things, but I really don't know how to approach her about this? I am feeling really down because I feel that I am not helping her emotional roller coaster! I'm always trying to reach out to her, and comfort her, but its not working at all. I don't want to leave her, but I'm really starting to doubt our relationship. Can someone pleeease give me advice!

Edited/T
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2011, 09:58 AM

It can be really hard for a female to hear that she can't conceive but I hope she gets a second opinion. That could be where her sadness and anger is coming from. And this could make her have a shutdown in her communication with you.

Then she is living with her two friends who are expecting. Again, this adding on to her sadness and anger. Even though she is happy for them after hearing what she heard from her doctor it can really get to you.

To add on to everything she is going through her ex lives there too. And he is giving her a hard time. I think she needs to leave this living situation and either get a place on her own if she can and or some new roommates.

Also, besides getting a second opinion maybe counseling is in order. O know you are trying to help her emotionly but as you can see it isn't working. Or if she don't want to go into counseling maybe she needs to try to join a support group with people in the same situation as her. I wish your girlfriend well and hopes she allows you to help her. The only thing you can do is be supportive and I hope you relationship can survive this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2011, 01:17 PM

Stop trying to be a savior and solve HER problems for her. Just try to be supportive by doing fun things, and dating, and back off when she is in a lousy mood.

Its too soon to be taking her problems so personally. Let her solve them, and hope she gets a job soon, as living off others is half the problem, and living with you so soon should NOT be an option.
    shellmunds Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2011, 08:11 PM
    That is probably one of the most difficult things a woman can hear. A child is something that every woman wants at one point in their life. Seeing her two friends bringing a child into this world might be very difficult for her to handle.

She's probably full of resentment, anger, and sadness. Living in that house is probably only making her emotions worse. The best you can do for her is be by her side no matter how much she feels hopeless. If you are unable to do that, it only leave you with one option. I'm sure you know what that is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need ideas [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody got a idea for a rap that is about my life (just to let you know this is the song I am going to use to get noticed).

I need some ideas! [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well at school, there's this boy I really like! Im almost close to asking him out but I'm scared if he says no he'll know I like him and I really like him, but if he know's, that might ruin out friendship and we're best friends, So do anyone you have any ideas!

Need ideas [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, I'm looking for some ideas, I need to find an engine that is 3 cyl and preferably around 1000cc in capacity this for a car not a motorcycle =)

Need ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody give me some ideas on classical conditioning (psyhology)? Thank you

Any ideas? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm deppressed I just want to die I've made to many mistakes to fix anything And I just want to die I hate lving now I've ed up too much I'm losing everyone thati love Any ideas on how anyone?

View more questions Search