Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Sightseeing in Philly
    We will be making a day trip to Philly next week and want to take in the major sites:

Franklin Institute
    Independence Hall
    Liberty Bell Center
    Constitution Center

What I'm most concerned about is where to park or how to get into the area. But any tips will be welcome.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2011, 04:27 PM

Philly does have some very nice Chinese restaurants and a Little Chinatown. Most of these sights are within walking distances of each other. Remember Philly was a smallish city back in the day of Benjamin Franklin.

Don't forget Betsy Ross's house. The houses on that street are mostly authentic from that period.

I did stick my finger in the crack of the Liberty Bell before it was encased in glass. Yeah, I'm that old.

Philly does have a wonderful Museum of Art - well worth visiting as well. Don't leave that off your list.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunday in Philly [ 59 Answers ]

Big day Sunday in Philly . It starts Saturday night when Pearl Jam will perform in the last event at the Spectrum. That should end sometime after midnight... enough time to go home ,grab a quick snooze and get the tailgate party ready. Then Sunday at 1PM the Giants :)are at "The LINC " to...

Pandemonium in Philly [ 27 Answers ]

I know it probably doesn't matter to many people on here But THE PHILLIES ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!! I don't think I have ever hugged so many strangers at once while celebrating on Broad Street. I was only 2 when the Fightins won in 1980 and I was only 5 when the Sixers won in 1983. I have no...

Live in NJ and worked in philly? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in South Jersey and work in philadelphia at the refinery. I paid into city wage which was the only city/state tax that I paid for the year. I received 2 w-2's one with city wage info on and one for state filing. The state wage in box 16 was less than what the local wages were in box 18 of...

View more questions Search